• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising ideas for an accidental rescue!

monkeypuzzler

Mama Doe
I wouldn't call myself a rescue, but at the moment I do have four buns and one guinea pig in my care who I am looking for new homes for. My vet has found I am a soft touch for taking in the various waifs and strays!

I paid out to have the first pair neutered, and my plan was that once they were rehomed, I would put the donation from their new owners towards the costs of getting the next one speyed and so on...

Of course, I was being a little naive, and my first pair are still awaiting the offer of a good home.

I would like to be looking for homes for all the foster buns, but feel I can't look until I get them neutered.

So...what I'm looking for is your bright ideas on how I can raise some money to help me towards the costs of getting this done.

Any ideas?

Roo

A Car Boot Sale :? Could a few friends have a clear out and see if a combined effort could raise some funds.
A sponsored....SOMETHING....Swim, Walk, Run.....HOP :lol:
A Dinner Party 'In Aid of'.....guests donate towards the Buns
As your Vet sees you as a 'soft touch' maybe a donations box in the surgery...

Janex

hmmmmm, is it worth asking the vets if they are able to help out with the neutering costs? they might not be able to knock much off the price, but some is better than none!
boot sales are always a good un!
do you have a greenhouse? if so plant some seeds, ***** them out and then sell them in the spring at boot sales. they are always very popular, especially vegetable seedlings.
you could buy a couple of bales of good hay and straw, maybe some aubiose or some of the cardboard litter too, bag them up into smaller bags that most 'normal' people would buy (ie not like most of us on here :lol: ) and sell those, selling each little bag at a bit more than what it cost you. you could do the same with some really good rabbit pellets and piggy food too. educate as you fundraise!
er i ran out of ideas for now :lol:

If they are coming from the vets you ought to get a substantial discount on neutering, if not get them to do it for nothing. Talk to them.

Back