• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is rain good for buns?

Its raining at the mo - not heavy but defo raining.

Jessica has been out in the garden now for a few hours and she's quite happy munching on the grass in the light rain. She hasn't come inside yet.

I've called her and she came in the lounge and her fur is wet to touch, but then she hopped back out again!!

Is it ok for her to be out there - or will she get a cold?

She's fine :) Next time she hops past try brushing a little fur backwards with your fingers and feel the base of the fur/skin - it should be warm and dry. Although the surface gets wet their fur and the natural oils in it act like a water proof coat - the surface is damp but the water just rolls off.

Tam

Mine were hopping around and lying down in heavy rain earlier! They were going back inside now and again, but don't think rain bothered them too much :roll: :roll: :lol:

Amy loves the rain and will even stay out in a thunder storm! I just went to get her in as she has been out a while + weather is horrid, and although she looked very wet, she is dry underneath the fur. And she has loadsa straw + hay to snuggle in, no doubt she will just sit in her run though getting even wetter!!!

mine are terrible :roll: the amount of times i've tried to get them in when its raining and they just refuse :roll: so now when i don't bother anymore they run binkying around the garden really really fast as if to say 'look mum i'm in the rain and you can't catch me!' :lol:

None of my buns mind the rain but Bobbys really funny cos he really loves to play in it. I leave the hutch open stright onto the run most of the time I'm at home and they come and go as they please but as soon as it starts raining Bobby comes flying out of the hutch and runs round like a mad thing in it :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I guess it's ok for them.

Oh good, cos she was still out there munching away when it started really hammering it down!!! And I like an idiot was getting wet trying to get her in.

Silly bun!

Jasper didn't like it very much so he stayed in!

I get mine in when it rains as I have two angoras (pure hell if soaked, even when clipped!) and a teeny tiny rex baby who I'm worried about getting cold.

Fine for them bad for us!!
cos we stand out there trying to catch the worrying about them catching a cold... when actually its us thats going to catch one lol!

Back