• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Black wild bunnies?

Probably the result of a mating between a Wild Bun and a domestic escapee (or a DUMPED domestic Bun :x )
Some people are stupid enough to think they are doing a favour to a Pet Bun they no longer want by releasing him/her into the wild :roll: :x

Janex

I live in Warwickshire and around this area there are more black bunnies than any other colour.

When I first saw one I panicked and thought it was a domestic and was going to try and catch it but then as I looked there were about another 30 further up the verge, they are very common here

snowy said:
I live in Warwickshire and around this area there are more black bunnies than any other colour.

When I first saw one I panicked and thought it was a domestic and was going to try and catch it but then as I looked there were about another 30 further up the verge, they are very common here

Could you get some piccies? I'd love to see them

:D :D

Janex

Hi Jane

I'll give it a go, but usually when they see me coming they are off like rockets :lol: :lol:

I'll go out at dusk, that's when it best to see them all

I recently saw a black bunny at the side of a road at dusk with a few other agouti ones nearby. I thought it must have been dumped so went back to check on it but it had hopped away. :(

I also saw a little ginger one last year in a field of brown bunnies - it looked so cute. :lol:

I used to live in Warwickshire and I remember seeing lots of black or 'domestic coloured' bunnies living as wild. They always seemed to be around the Ryton plant or Ryton pools! :)

Yep!, there are loads of them by the Ryton plant and they come out every night to graze!!, I will take some photos when I can

Back