• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How has RU helped your bunnies?

How much has RU changed the way you look after your bunnies?

• A Little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Been thinking about this alot recently and just wondered what everyone else thought.
Since joining RU my rabbits have beeen neutered and bonded into pairs or groups, they no longer have a cr*ppy muesli mix but are now on excell and have redi-grass daily and seem alot healthier for it. They also have much larger hutches.
Before joining RU i thought i knew a fair bit about bunnies but just thinking about how much i`ve changed things since joining makes me realise how little i did actually know! :oops: :oops: I think perhaps the only thing i was getting right was ad lib hay!!!!! And a fair amount of medical knowledge, though i`ll probably never know as much as some of you!!! :oops: :oops:
Just wondered what the rest of you felt.

Su.x

oooh good post! :D RU has taught me a lot about rabbit illnessess and what to look out for with certain things. It helped me a lot when Gypsy was poorly and seemed to go into statis. I came on here in the middle of the night and there were still people online to help :shock: Also when I attempted to bond Nomad with my 2 naughty bunnies and all heck broke loose :shock: I recieved a lot of help and evenchally he found the best bunny mummy ever :D with help from the lovely Alison A :D

Got my first bun out of a 3ft box, where he spent every day alone.

He now lives with 6 friends in a large space- all neutered/spayed/vaccinated/rescues/free ad buns :D

Yes I've learnt and gained SO MUCH on here its amazing!!

Mainly about rescue centres, the sheer amount of work and dedication that people give to running them and how awful it is that pet shops still sell rabbits when there are so many buns in rescues.

Learning and sharing info from stories from other members (like being vigilent when buns are playing outside - fox stories, etc) and getting ideas and information.

I feel at home on the site being surrounded by other bunny mad people and realising that I'm not just the only bun crazy person!! Also the strong support we give one another when something :cry: happens.

I love the site and most of all I ... LOVE SEEING PICTURES OF ALL YOUR BUNS :D

it also helps to know there are other bunny mad people out there, for sooooooo long I thought I was totally alone but it's great to know that I'm not :D

sparklefairy said:
it also helps to know there are other bunny mad people out there, for sooooooo long I thought I was totally alone but it's great to know that I'm not :D

Ditto, i think most of my friends think i`m totally mad! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

LOTS! I too used to feed mix, and was unaware of the importance of hay - they just got rubbish bedding stuff. I've learnt a lot about how to care for them when poorly.
I had managed to get the housing right though!

cannonwoman said:
sparklefairy said:

Ditto, i think most of my friends think i`m totally mad! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

mine too :oops: they just don't get it do they? and up untill last year I thought I was the only one who kept house buns :shock: I kept my first bun in my room as a free range house bun over 9 years ago and didn't know there was such a thing as a " house bun," :lol:

Although my bunns are gone :( , I feel I gave them a much better life because of this site- I used to feed a mix, brought crappy hay etc (not because I was mena, but I didn't know any better then.)

I also had brought them a small run, but htey ended up with a much bigger one becuase of here and lots of free range time.

I have also taken in a couple from horrible homes/freeads, which I think I would never have realistically considered doing if it wasn't for reading about other people doing so on here.

I also feel I know a bit about rabbit illnesses/bonding etc etc so RU is great!! :D

RU has helped me a LOT!! :D I'm so happy I found this site! It's taught me how to bond bunnies, I've learnt about illnesses and about the best food and hays to give bunnies... I could go on and on! :lol:
What I'm most grateful for is the help I received when Jasper had GI stasis... I've I hadn't know about this site I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be here right now.
A HUUUUUGE thank you to the people of RU :D :D :thumb:

I've learnt loads and I'm still learning :D Between the forum and the expertise of the breeder I bought my baby from, it has opened up a whole new world.

sparklefairy said:

Oh yeah, that too!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RU has contributed to saving their lives - eg. in episodes of gut stasis, advice around spaying etc. But the most invaluable advice has been around diet. Thanks peeps! :)

Hi Su,
RU has been brilliant for me and my bunnies!! First of all, I wouldn't have them if it hadn't been for RU and the lovely Lizzie (where is she anyway??) helping me to get Mia and Mea and the lovely Alice Chamberlain as well. The buns wouldn't have their specially modified dog crate and be made to learn to like eating hay if it wasn't for RU. And I learned the importance of checking their bums every day and keeping them well away from naughty mr fox. I could go on much longer....but basically RU has been great!!!!!! :D
Nicola x

OK who voted not at all :lol:

RU has helped me enormously - like Su I thought I knew a fair bit about bunnies but I've since realised how little I know and I've learnt so much!

I have changed their diet, have a far better understanding of illnesses etc, plus of course there is the support in times of crisis! I find my brain goes to jelly whenever something is wrong with one of mine, even if I know exactly what I'd say to someone else in the same situation!

Plus of course I would never have had the pleasure of Dudley, which in turn means I'd never have had Santa, and I'd never have met Libby (briefly!) Rory, Nomad or Chloe, or had the confidence or support to rescue a few buns and let them go to great new homes. Plus I've met some of you now and you're all lovely :D

RU has helped me LOTS :D
All of you have helped me with things from saving Daisy's life to naming Blaise and I am forever thankful :D
They all now are on the right diet, have been spayed/neutered, and are getting much more time outside of their cages.

Plus, I've found great friends that have helped me get through things bunny related or not. We are all a giant support group and I've found that members go out of their way to help others.

Leah xx

This forum has helped me in many ways.

It made me realise how others see pet shops and the selling animals.
I put my case forward to my boss to stop selling rabbits and guinea pigs, but he dissagreed with me. (I will keep pusing the issue with him)

The need for more education to the public about rabbits and guinea pigs, since joining this forum I have loads of leaflets throughout the pet shop about diet, hay, bonding, veg, toys, vaccs, rabbits being housed with guineas, neutering etc. Some people may not ask for advice but if the leaflet is there they can read and educate them self.

You can never know everthing about our pets, so every day I'm on here I'm learning. Which makes me a fortunate person for having that knowledge and for having the chance to pass on what I know.

I think there's always something to learn no matter how well read or experienced you are.

I've learnt so much from simple things to more 'technical' and medical things.

The greatest thing you get from RR is the support and the ideas and advice of others.

Rabswood

i wouldnt say ive made huge changes in the way i look after buns since joining but this site has certainly given me support when ive needed it . i feel ive made some lovely friends and recieved some realy good advise .

no one knows everything about buns but with everyone pooling their ideas we ve got to get at least most of it right :D

Back