• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting bunnies....

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
Our bunnies Moonshine and Flopsy have just had a fight in the dining room. There was fur everywhere!!! No blood or apparent injures. They were both just sort of layed on their sides scrabbling at each other. They never done this before, so I'm quite concerned.

Moonshine is 7 and a half months (spayed), and Flopsy is 4 months. We got a new addition, Smudge, 3 weeks ago, so she's about 12 weeks. Smudge wasn't involved in the fight.

They all seemed to be really bonded well, they all lay together and clean each other normally.

Do you think it might be a dominance thing, particulary with the arrival of Smudge? Moonshine always seemed to be very much the boss.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks,

Nicola

The introduction of another bun can sometimes mean bonded buns fight. Even the smell of another bun. Are they all girls?

Also at 4 months Flopsy might be getting hormonal, so you might want to thinking about getting her spayed soon. :wink: If they seem ok now, I'd leave them together, but keep an eye out. I separate if i see blood!!!

Thanks Angie.

Yes they are all girls.

We did have suspicions about Flopsy getting hormonal, she's also been urinating in inappropriate places.

We had planned to get her spayed at about 5/6 months anyway,

Thanks
:D

Nicola

Back