• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ramps

Apache

Mama Doe
I've got a hutch with a permanent run attached which is accessed via a ramp, now Alfred took a day or so to get used to this, and is now quite happy, but his new wife (sorry still not got a name that is right for her - I know it will come!), has been here since Sunday, and never been into the hutch.

She has wtched Alfred run up and down, tonight I picked her up (for the first time - she was very good!), and put her int he hutch bit, she explored and kept standign there looking at the ramp, Alfred (bless him!) kept running up and down to show her what to do, and after about 30 mins, and much tempting with treats she did come down it.

Do rabbits normally take a long time to get used to these?

I had thought with her watching Alfred she would have caught on quite quickly..

Jx

PS - they are still getting on really well! Alfred is defiantely in charge though, there hasn't been any agression (touch wood!) between them, since they came home.

When we 1st got D&M, Daisy shot up and down the ramp straight away. but it took Maisy a few days to get use to it. I suppose it depends on the buns :) :)

Rosie has never experienced a ramp, but is quite happy to take a running jump and launch herself up onto my bed!!!

does anyone elses do this??

Well Milly is now using the ramp with great enthusiasm, running up and down many times to show me how clever she is!

Jx

Back