• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

finished - Dobbins warren!

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Here is the finished pictures: As you can see Dobbin has not yet moved in. What do people think?

Sue
xx

DSCN1458.jpg

DSCN1459.jpg

DSCN1460.jpg

DSCN1462.jpg

DSCN1467.jpg

It's looks great! How are you shutting the cat flap up?

Just showed my OH the piccies as a big hint.......

We are hoping Dobbin will love it - it really has been a labour of love.

A flap goes down between the two pieces of wood on the inside of the shed. IT is a thick piece, it cant be pushed or pulled or lifted by bunnies or unwanted guests - we are hoping, but the run is as fox proof as we can make it - so hopefully he will be fine

Sue
xx

How have you secured the run outside to make it fox proof? We're in the process of doing our shed up so I'm looking for ideas, hope you don't mind my questions?! Our run will go onto a concrete base, do you need to fix it down? I notice you have green stained wood at the bottom, is that fixing it somehow?

Does Dobbin want a lodger??, i'd like to live in there :lol: :lol: ... it's fantastic!, I'll bet he loves it, well done!

we put the run onto another frame so it is a bit higher so he can fully stand up - we secured it to the shed and my dad, when he is up, is going to drill the base into the paving slabs - but i think it is as secure as we can make it. We have reinforced the whole thing, all wire is between two pieces of wood and the lid is hinged with two locks on it. We cant push it away from the shed or move the paving slabs so we hope its ok. It is sitting on two layers of paving slabs and stones around outside so hopefully nothing can dig in and he can't dig out!!

We have lined the shed with loft flooring so he cant nibble out and nothing can nibble in and if he or something else does start nibbling we should notice before real damage is done. There is a mesh gate behind the door so we can get in without worrying he might be behind the boor and run out when we open it. Also so the door can be open when we home so he can get lots of fresh air in there.

There is a big storage box in there which holds all his bits and pieces.

Please dont worry ask away.

Sue
xx

Dobbin said:
we put the run onto another frame so it is a bit higher so he can fully stand up - we secured it to the shed and my dad, when he is up, is going to drill the base into the paving slabs - but i think it is as secure as we can make it. We have reinforced the whole thing, all wire is between two pieces of wood and the lid is hinged with two locks on it. We cant push it away from the shed or move the paving slabs so we hope its ok. It is sitting on two layers of paving slabs and stones around outside so hopefully nothing can dig in and he can't dig out!!

We have lined the shed with loft flooring so he cant nibble out and nothing can nibble in and if he or something else does start nibbling we should notice before real damage is done. There is a mesh gate behind the door so we can get in without worrying he might be behind the boor and run out when we open it. Also so the door can be open when we home so he can get lots of fresh air in there.

There is a big storage box in there which holds all his bits and pieces.

Please dont worry ask away.

Sue
xx

Thanks that's really helpful :D

no problem kayjay - just let me know if i can help at all.

lol lol at snowy - i know he gets a new house before we have finished unpacking from the move - we certainly have not had chance to decorate the house at all!!!!

Sue
xx

Oh WOW! Looks excellent! Can I ask how you done the mesh gate? Is it the full size of the door or is it just half way up? I think I will have to put one of these in my playhouse.

You definately have to get Dobbin a girlfriend! He'll be dying to show it off ;)

i hope he will love it - if the vet gives the ok we shall be moving him out tommorrow or Thursday!!

The gate we did a basic frame and then stapled mesh to it, stapled every hole and then screwed another frame over the top of the frame so hopefully the mesh can not be pulled off!!! It is three quarters of the height - it has a bolt at the top on the inside

Sue
xx

Back