• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Natural remedy's

Good thread, I am interested in this too :)

I was speaking to one of the vounteers at the rescue yesterday who said she uses bach rescue remedies on bunns- she said they work really well on nervous rabbits. She uses rock rose, star of bethlehem and mimulus.

I've been wondering abot natural remedies aswell. One of my rabbits Millie gets stressed if she is away from home (if I'm going on holiday for eg) so I've been wondering whether giving her a bit of rescue remedy or something else before she goes might help? :?

I use bach rescue remedy for my buns too :D it worked wonders when all the fighting was going on, they really seemed to calm down and it also helped after gypsy came home from the vets. gypsy is a sensitive bun who's easily upset, the rescue remedy is great for her!

I use the bach flower rems too, I gave rescue rem for a while, when I first got Alfred, although if you add it to their water, then you should always give them the choice of drinking the plain or the one with the remedy in it.

To quote Samuel Hannehman (sp!), "I would rather be butchered by a surgeon than a homeopath"

Jx

Do you mean like herbal remedies?

I'm a homeopathist, I do use some things on animals but only if know it's safe.
For instance, for minor cuts and grazes I dap a little watered down Tea tree oil on with cotton wool, it's very soothing and helps the healing process :D

Back