• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!!

Rushie

Banned
I had my male rabbit neutered just over 6 weeks ago and today introduced him to my unneutered girl. They were fine together and then started humping each other which I left them to do due to the dominance thing. BUT, after the male had humped the girl, he fell onto his side. I thought this was what they did after they had made her pregnant. Is this the only time they display this behaviour or can it also happen if he hasn't got her pregnant??

Anyone any idea as I will have to book her in for an emergency spay if there is a possiblility that she is pregnant.

Thanks

Kate

I think they do that when they're..erm...spent :oops:
Obviously a bun wouldn't know if he'd got another bun pregnant so I don't see how it could be related to that.

If in doubt, go to your vet, although if your male was neutered 6 weeks ago, I'd think there is a very minimal risk anyway :?

Maybe I didn't word it very well :oops:

I thought it meant they had to erm be spent before they flopped onto their side. But, if he is neutered, then he erm wouldn't be spent :oops: :oops:

Kate

I believe they can still...erm...'launch a rocket' (goodness this is an awkward conversation! :lol: ) when they have been neutered.

I'll be blunt...I believe they can still orgasm when they have been neutered although there wouldn't be any active sperm to enable pregnancy.

Someone with more experience should be able to answer this properly before I dig myself a deeper hole!! :lol:

I've decided to book Tinkerbell in for spaying anyway, she is going on 1st September.

I had always intended to get her spayed but kept putting it off as I know it's a bigger op for girls. She is 15 months old.

Hopefully once she is done, the humping wont be so bad when I try her again with Simba :shock:

Thanks everyone for your help yesterday.

Kate

Back