• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people are so unbelievable

elaine

Mama Doe
This weekend I have been busy with rabbits and piggies but I had a guy take the biscuit today, nearly all the rabbits here are now neutered or spayed so he came to have a look, he then was asking about particular ones and as to why they are spayed etc, which I went into the spiel of how many are in rescues etc. he then says well I want a male and female as I want to breed loads to make money,

As you can imagine he got politely told to take his hook

Elaine

:evil: and the sad thing is he'll get a couple from a pet shop and provide you with loads more to rescue. There are names for people like him but I don't think the site would let me say them!

What a moron :evil: :evil: . I don't know what makes people think breeding rabbits is at all a financially good idea. I would have had to restrain myself from giving him a slap.

He's an idiot to want to breed the buns, and an even bigger idiot for being brazen about it and saying it to your face!!!! :roll:

Did you tell him that he'd likely lose money rather than make it - and that if he tried to cut costs by reducing their health/welfare standards then he risked prosecution? That may scare him off. Stupid man.

AMETHYST

Um yeah, if he manages to make loads of money, maybe he should let all the rabbit breeders I know know. It costs a fortune to keep and breed rabbits, the guy is disillusioned. And what an idiot to go to a rescue expecting you to be happy about it!

what a prat, did you get his name? Just incase he trys it again with another rescue- though your right he will probably be off to a pet shop where they don't care where the rabbits go. :(

Two brain cells....... both in his trousers!! :shock:

You should have suggested that his mother should have been speyed and then we wouldn't have him as a problem
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could always warn people like this about the new bill thats going through Parliament, you know the 6 foot hutches??, just a thought!

Back