• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ref I'm back - with a pic

poppy180

Warren Scout
Hi see below updated picture of poppy - notice the mat on the floor as she struggles on the laminate we have in the new house - funny to see her stretch across with her 2 back feet on the mat tho :lol:

we have just put a bid in ebay for a hutch/run combo as I spoke to a rescue today who have a mini rex 10 week old coming in tomorrow and I'm hoping to get him as Poppys friend.

A bit concerned about how the introduction will go - sure it will be fine - will be checking on here to get advice and see what others did. Hoping with the new hutch/run combo for them both to have, introducing it to them at the same time, and then Poppy back in her hutch to give new boy a rest!

Hes not neutered yet, but shes spayed - is it best to wait until i get him done or will they be ok? Also - what size will a mini rex grow to? Anyone got any pics? As Poppy is very small

thanks a lot - all new to me!

Emma

100_0923.jpg

I'm so exited about the new boy - apparantly he has a chunck out of his ear as he has been bullied - bless - hope they will get on.

Well if he isn't done he may be a bit too frisky for her to cope with, when I first adopted Cosmos he wasn't done and did pester Violet, luckily she was chilled out and didn't seem to mind but they got on much better once his hormones had calmed down.

As she is spayed it may be worth keeping them side by side (so they can see each other) get him done asap then leave it a couple of weeks for him to heal and some of the hormones to dissipate before introducing them. Meanwhile they will have got used to seeing each other around and smelling each other - be warned though if he takes a fancy to her he will try and spray her through the wire - poor Violet ended up stinking of pee and so did my spare room :shock: :roll: !

Violet (in my sig) was a mini-rex, her partner Cosmos a standard rex. They stay quite small but not tiny.

Edit: just read how young he is - he won't be sexually mature yet so probably won't be a humpy bunny so it would be fine to start introductions once he is settled at your place then just get him done at six months (or as soon as your vet recommends) before he gets too frisky and his hormones go haywire - in my case Cosmos is an ex stud rabbit so was very randy :wink: !

Caz

Back