• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweetcorn

It is alright, but mine never get any as the piggies get in there first :lol: Green stuff, silk, cob and all.

Fairy Angel said:
Mine love the dried ones from P@H but I won't feed it to them any more as it seems to cause more squidgy poos.

When the RSPCA person came to do a homecheck Clio had one and the lady said they were bad for them and to feed normal corn on cob instead :D

No, i'd say sweetcorn is bad. Its hard to digest and can cause a blockage in the stomach. Never feed any type of corn to be on the safe side! :?

Too much corn is very bad for the buns, I think it's all the starch and sugars if I remember correctly - best thing to do, is cut off the corn with a sharp knife (and eat it yourself) and give your buns the leaves, silk and husk (with a little corn left on if you want). :D

I'm lucky (or unlucky when I'm trying to eat my own dinner) as Deej will eat anything! :D

Plus don't forget that if it gets stuck in their teeth (and we all know how that feels :x ) if the bun can't get it out, it will be really uncomfortable and not very good for their teeth!!!

Mine don't get it - but I'm sure they would eat it :lol: :lol:

loopylop said:
Plus don't forget that if it gets stuck in their teeth (and we all know how that feels :x ) if the bun can't get it out, it will be really uncomfortable and not very good for their teeth!!!

Imaging bunnies flossing now! :lol:

I just wash it and bung it in whole (silks and all).

At this point it is swooped on, by piggies/bun alike and the skeletal remains emerge some time later (a bit like a feeeding frenzy in Piranahs).

I wouldn't feed sweetcorn - as others have said, there is a danger of gut blockages (which can easily be fatal) plus it is way too high in starch to be good for a bun. I would stick to other tasty veg which are safer.

I give mine a whole corn cob each about once a fortnight, they love it, and has never done them any harm. I haven't been feeding them the leafy bits tho as they seem very stringy and coarse so didnt think i should. Ill give them a go with it now

Well deej got the leaves and silk, and ate them all up - I ate all the corn, dried out the cob/centre, for him, and he ate every bit - there wasn't anything left!

Bad starch and sugar for me fibre for him lol! :D

Back