• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maa has to worry me!

elve

Banned
After the abscess on her face miraculously healed without trace, I discover a large sore on her scruff, where the vet injected her :roll:

Fingers and toes crossed it heals up OK - she's still on baytril so I hope that works! :?

Ah well - she'll think of something else I'm sure - But I told the vets I wouldn't be taking her back no matter what....After they gave me the stunning news last time, that she would be PTS if there was any more trouble since 'it wouldn't be fair to her' to give her another GA when she's already had 3 this year :shock:

I said well at least she'd have a chance of surviving an operation - there's no chance of her surviving being 'put to sleep' is there?

To which the vet uttered the immortal line: 'Well she's already had 3 chances' :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Shall we say it hasn't improved my opinion of vets :|

elve said:
:

I said well at least she'd have a chance of surviving an operation - there's no chance of her surviving being 'put to sleep' is there?

To which the vet uttered the immortal line: 'Well she's already had 3 chances' :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Shall we say it hasn't improved my opinion of vets :|

what a horrible vet!!!!!!!!!! i hope maa is ok and its good to see you back :D

OMG!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: it sounds like you need a new vet! some vets are too " trigger happy," with the " oh well lets PTS," :x My old bun Bilbo had lots of GA's in his long life, he day regular dentals and tear duct flushing and tumour removal. My old vet was great :D if there was hope she would always try everything she could for him and was always very honest.
You know Maa and you know what is right for her and what is best for her :D what is right for one bun isn't always right for another. I hope she will be OK

omg thats awful!!! Welcome back btw! :wink: Hope Maa heals up ok without the need to see any horrid vet
Where are you Elve?? Maybe there is another vet near to you someone can suggest??

thanks - I'm in Sheffield but I have to get my ex-husband to drive me to the vets so I just picked the one closest as I feel so bad asking him :oops: He's been a star about it though, and has now taken on the task of buying all the veg for my animals!

What really made me angry with the vet was I've spent £500 so far on Maa alone - If I'm paying the bill they should be prepared to do whatever they can to help! :evil:

Other than that, Maa is fine - she has more energy than all the other rabbits put together - Shoots out of her hutch like she's on rocket fuel every time I open the door, gallops around the patio like a racehorse (poops like one too :roll: ) and has graduated from circling me like a happy puppy at 100 miles per hour to circling whilst spraying wee on me! :shock: :lol: Clever girl! I run like mad for the house the minute her hutch is opened now, till I think her bladder's empty :lol:

:shock: :shock: :? thats awful .
3 GAs isnt that bad ,Thumper has a dental with GA every 3 months or so . Thats 4 a yr . every yr

stupid vet :evil:

Back