• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ned is Poorly..U/D 2115hrs- AT LAST, GOOD NEWS!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Ned, one of my Black Rexes has abdominal pain and his stomach is starting to bloat up :(
He had a small amount of Kale yesterday and although he has had it before I fear it has upset his tum.
He is on treatment but please can he have some healing vibes.
He is feeling very poorly at the moment :(

I feel so guilty that this has come after last weekends epic with 5 bloated Bunnies (due to Readigrass) I try very hard to be careful with their diet but it looks like I have got it wrong AGAIN.. :cry: :cry:

Janex

Don't feel bad Jane. We all know how well loved and cared for your bunnies are. Sending lots of good vibes for Neds speedy recovery.

Oh No!!!

Sending healing vibes. Come on Ned don`t give your poor Mum another worring time and poo please.

Thanks everyone.

I am going to try and research whether Rexes really do have even more delicate guts than other Buns. It certainly appears that way here.

Not sure where to start asking though :?

Janex

I'll ask on the breeder forum for you, you have to be brc to register so I'll see if rex breeders have any knowledge that can help xxx

awwwww poor Ned :cry: I hope he feels better soon. Don't blame your self, I feed kale to my buns sometimes. You can never be sure if something will or won't upset their tum, especailly if you've fed it before. When Gypsy was poorly the other day I hadn't given her anything different, sometimes we never find out what causes the problem :?
healing vibes to Ned xxx

Poor Ned, feel better soon, don't be worrying your Mummy like this!

It is not your fault at all Jane! You are the best bunny mummy ever! At least when things go wrong you sort them out and look for what went wrong - most wouldn't. And you also now know that Readigrass and Kale just don't agree with some of your bunsters!

Even the very best bunny mummies make mistakes sometimes, we are only human :D

Nic

Jane you could always ask you vet, she might be able to point you in the right direction or know the answer herself.

Poor Ned is not at all well now :cry:
I am in contact with the duty Vet (not Christabel or Tim :cry: ) and have been advised to administer a stronger pain killer and another dose of Metoclopromide. If Ned continues to bloat up he will have to be sedated for a stomach decompression via naso-gastric tube.
Ned is also having sub-cutaneous fluids, Infacol and very gentle abdominal massage.
This really is not looking good at all..... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh no come on Ned release that wind - no one is listening..... honest!!!

I do hope its nothing serious Jane. Sending mega healing vibes from both me and Choco

I fully agree with what you say about tempramental stomachs in Rex's. Choco has problems dometimes from things and the worst is dried cranberries - hence my rush to the vets one night and it turned out to be wind...

thinking of both you and Ned.

caz

Jane, I hope Ned is improving. I am sorry he is having difficulty. My dwarf lop TJ had trouble with kale and had to go in overnight. As I know lots of buns eat it, I put it down to pre-packed kale and maybe they wash it with chlorine. Anyway, keep doing what you are doing with him, he is lucky to have such an attentive mummy who knows whats wrong and gets him help. Thinking of you tonightxxxxx

Back