• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fluffy bunny owners

touie

Wise Old Thumper
How do you go about de knotting dewlaps, Caramels has got quite matted and I find it really difficult to do! Firstly because its in her nipping zone, and secondly because there's so much skin there I can';t easily tell whats rabbit and whats fur?

Can you lie your rabbit on it's back, on your knees. Head on your knee and tickie her tummy. This shoule relax her and her head will droop so you can see her chin. Then maby you could groom her dewlap.

This works for me.

Mine don't have dewlaps thank god as I worry about nipping! If you decide to clip the area, make sure you have some vet wound powder (can get it in most petshops) just in case you snip skin as that will keep it clean and should stop her messing with it too much.
Wish I could help more. The only other thing I can suggest is thick gloves!

Very carefully :!:

Dewlaps and between the front legs are the worst places to groom :? Not only is it in the nipping zone, but it is hard to hold the back legs still while you do it :roll: So you get scratched as well as biten :( Perhaps a towel would help - note to self - try that.

I used to wrap Simba in a towel until he was used to me turning him on his back.. worked a treat to do his bottom and belly areas. My two girls dont have dewlaps but i comb under their chin whilst they lay on their backs. Nala and Simba arent too bad but Fifi doesnt keep her head still :roll: Id say you would probably find a second pair of hands easier as well if you have anyone to help :wink:

Back