• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb??

lucyj

Mama Doe
H & H wont use a litter tray in their hutch, throw it about everywhr, so I jst put cat litter in the corners which they use 4 weeing in, then cover with a deep layer of wood shavings (they also have straw in bedding area).

Prob is Honey seems to hate the litter - in the corners anyway! The minute I put it in he's over digging it out, they end up with a big pile of litter under their bed or on the central floor area, but none in the corners when they wee!

I gave them a litter tray filled with hay in run, and they used it, so Ive been putting in a layer of wood shavings (2 provide a bit of absorption) then the hay, and they've been using it much more regularly.

I dont feel tht jst wood shavings is absorbent enough to use in hutch tho. Ive seen megazorb on an internet site and in the pic it seemd to look a bit like woodshavings. It wasnt a great pic tho. Does it have the same kind of texture?

If not, can anyway suggest anything else?

No, it's much softer. It's very hard to describe - a bit like papery lint? Definitely nicer to sit on. I can recommend this heartily as it does wonders for my pongy bunnies' litter trays!

This might sound weird but I think it feels like soft bread crumbs :oops: :roll: :lol:
It has an odd wet cardboard smell but is great for odour neutralising and is really absorbant :D

I love megazorb! Stops the nasty smells :) I get mine from a horse-supplies place near me, so see if there are any in your area.

I think it's great too! Covered in a big layer of hay they don't even know it's there. I found an animal feed warehouse near me and get it from there for about £7 a bag. With my 5 bunnies and 2 piggies, a bag lasts about a month.

Is this the same as Nedz bed? Or has anyone used this as I know a rabbit breeder nearby who uses this, and her website says it's used for horse bedding. She really raves about it.

pity the bag it comes in smells like a jock strap! lol

mm i thought it was rough texture..BUT its NOT!
you know when you have those littl bobbles on your jumper and you have to pull off..or on some fleeces..you know bobbling effect?
well its like that!

its weird cos im used to wood pellet kitty litter which swells up massively..but this doesnt which i feel safer about..and its very absorbent and odour soaking but the one gripe is it gets stuck to their butts like stcky buds! So put a nice layer of straw/hay on the top!! the other bonus..it makes a lovely warm bed!

I use megazorb for my bunnies and piggies. It has a bit of a strange smell, but that's my only gripe. It's so so soft, as others have said.

ok thanks guys, i think ill order some. There is a horse supply place but its about 15miles away out in country and i dont drive. Espesh since it helps with smells, Ive been hosing their hutch out every so often and ive water treated it but I still notice after a cpl days the smells back

I'm phoning all the horsy places to see if I can get it.

I might be intrested in stocking it at the shop too.

Nicole:

Just to let you know that the makers of Megazorb only sell it by the pallet (60 bags) so you will need a lot of space to store it.

Thats good to know thanks.

I'm sure I could get space to store it.
I just wonder what my customers would think of it.
It's mentioned alot on here. I'm always looking to improve what I stock.

Anyway the horsy place can only get me a pallet of it :shock: For two wee bunnies.

I used to use Megazorb but found it a bit dusty. I now use Ecopetbed, which has no dust at all yet still keeps the odours down and stays nice and dry. Works out cheaper too!

Do these stick to rabbits fur? Rudy just has wood shavings in his litter tray but it sticks to him and then he ends up covering the carpet in shavings.

Bella, my lop, doesn't seem to get it stuck to her but it does get caught in Marlon (lionhead) tufty feet and tufty skirt and he leaves a trail of it (and hay) where ever he goes.
So it depends on the type of bun really.

Back