• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a few questions

mitsy

New Kit
hi there
i have had my new bun brian now for two days.. but when i got home he was pushing most of his hay out of his bedroom.
Also i had a cuddle with him for about 5 mins he was nervous and kept biting alittle.. after a while he settled down abit and licked me.
is this a good thing??

all help would be good :D

mitsy said:
hi there
i have had my new bun brian now for two days.. but when i got home he was pushing most of his hay out of his bedroom.
Also i had a cuddle with him for about 5 mins he was nervous and kept biting alittle.. after a while he settled down abit and licked me.
is this a good thing??

all help would be good :D

Hello!

When a bunny licks you gently, that means he loves you! :D :D He must be starting to trust you already. :D :wave:

my boyfriend was trying to get brian used to him earlier but he was having none of it and kept nibbling him he has sereval holes in his t-shirt
everytime he niblbles i tell him no..
is this right how do i stop him biting :(

He is biting because he is communicating that he doesn't like what you're doing. He is probably rather apprehensive being in a new environment with new people. If you are picking him up all the time this is going to make him worse. Rabbits generally don't like being picked up and although they get used to it, trying to do things too quickly is more likely to set you back.

Just stroke him whilst on the floor and get him to trust you. It's possible he won't like being picked up - I know my rabbit doesn't.

Have a search in the forum search engine for tips on handling.

HTH

Shiv

thanks for that.. at least we know now :D
he seems to be alot better today.. bless him.. he seems to be settling in quite well now :D

Back