• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toilet

Dobbin

Mama Doe
When Dobbin is out of his hutch he uses the litter tray when he is in he uses his bed as a litter tray - can people pls advise me as to what to put in his bed and litter tray? I have kitchen roll, care fresh, litter tray stuff, hay and vetbed!

Thank you

Sue
xx

If your using hay for his bedding he may think that his bed is another litter tray because rabbits like to eat while they're on the toilet. It might be worth changing his bedding to straw to see if that makes a difference. I'd keep the hay and carefresh in his litter box though so he knows that is where to go to the loo. :D

try making sure you soak up any wee and collect freshest poo and place in the litter tray..make sure the litter tray is different to his bed..and btw they like sleeping in their litter trays..so they can decide to reverse it..mine do!! and they are great at using liter tray in and out..its their mood that decides..if theyre stressed etc it makes it harder.

if you find acure..let me know!

Back