• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone have 3 rabbits in a hutch run combo?

toffee

Mama Doe
If so how big is it? I want to move my trio outside but because my house is rented I can't really build a shed. :? (Of course when i buy a house they'll have a massive bunny house outside.

When I'm at home they can have the run of the garden but when I'm at work or out or in bed they need an enclosure to live in.

I've seen Lavender Lodge at P@H (not too keen on them really but I do buy things there) http://www.petsathome.com/invt/13198 . It looks big - I could probably get in it and shut the door and still be able to move a bit - but I'm not sure if it's big enough for 3 buns (2 are small <2kg and one is medium sized ~ 3kg).

I would put a decent size run on the hutch and let them have the garden when I'm home.

What do you think?

Has anyone got a better idea of what I can get?? (Budget £150 for hutch - I'll sort the run out later)

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, have a look at www.happyhutch.co.uk they have a real good selection of hutches/double hutches/run combos and run extensions that you could buy later on, the stuff is really good quality and the prices aren't bad. A lot of their stuff is also for sale via their ebay shop where it is cheaper than directly through the website. Mine was 6*2*2 and was £120 including delivery - although I think it's around £100 from their ebay shop. I would put a photo up, but it looks as if photobucket isn't working at the moment.

I made my runs myself, i bought cheap 4ft hutches and re-did them as it were, one hutch at either end and a run in the middle and under the hutches, they measure, 7ft x 4ft x 3ft and i have a max of 4 buns in them, i know the space sounds small and if you can afford to go as big as you can with a hutch and run combo, i couldn't afford to buy new supplies to make mine so i had to go with what was there and the size that we could fit into a transit van, once finances allow the runs for my two groups of 4 will be made alot bigger!

I think as well it is important to consider the exercise outside of the hutch/run as well - if they weren't gonna get much then it would be the bigger the better but sounds as though they will be getting nice runs out in the garden, in which case the amount of space hutch/run wise isn't quite as important! I'd love a bigger hutch area for Amy but she is only small + has a 7 foot run underneath plus at least 2 hours every day in summer running round the garden - so I consider her hutch + run to be fine for her.

Hope you find a nice hutch + run!

Nicola

Im selling my 5foot double hutch with seperate 7foot run for £100 if your interested? Im sure something could be rigged up to join the run to the hutch to make it bigger for you.
You'd need to sort out your own courier though!

It would be cheaper to buy a 6ft x 4ft shed and attach a run
That wouldnt be too hard to move when you decied to

Sorry to H/J, but have just been on the doe drop inn site, oh how I nearly fell off my chair laughing - how adorable are those little chalets!!!

I wish my garden looked like that (those flowers wouldn't last long!!). I never realised they were that close to where I live, I may have to pop and have a look for myself - they look soooooo lovely!! Will have to steal their shed ideas (once I have a bigger garden!)

So thanks for posting that link!

I want my buns to go to the Doe Drop Inn next year when I go on holiday .... it is miles away but I think it is great!!! And the lady seems lovely too :)

When mine go outside and I can't supervise them they are in a Penbury 8 from the Forsham Cottage Arks place (web link by Toffee as above) which is a good size but they still like to run free in the garden best of course - they don't like being trapped :lol:

Back