• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so scratchy

TRACEY

Banned
I wanted to ask the easiest/kindest way to pick my little rabbits up. They are very friendly, when i am sitting in the run with them they come sit on my lap etc but when it comes to picking them up they just scratch like mad, taking layers of skin off :cry: . I am picking them up every day but they dont seem to get any easier. They have been castrated today do you think that will help with this any?.

Tracey x

I think sometimes you just have to find a way that your rabbit likes the best.
George definitely prefers to be picked up facing towards me with one hand under his chest and then the other hand scooping up his bottom and bringing him into my chest. He hates to see the ground going away from him.

I started kneeling down first of all to pick him up and holding him fairly close to the ground to get him used to being picked up.

Thanks sharond, i will try that tomorrow as dont really wonna handle them much tonight after their ops.

Tracey x

Back