• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BRC Ring

Rogue

Banned
Bram has a BRC ring on, which I have left as she isn't bothered by it and I check it every evening to make sure it isn't too tight on her leg. I'm not certain whether or not she is good enough for showing, but if she is I would like to try (I STILL don't have any photos, but bear with me!). I plan to join our local rabbit club and pop along with Bramble some time to see what a more experienced owner thinks of her.

Do I need to contact the BRC and let them know that Bram had changed hands? If I don't, will it cause problems if I try to take her to shows?

You need to contact her breeder and get a ring transfer card and send it to the BRC (once you've joined them as you can't show at a brc show unless you're a member) I don't think yuo can show in brc shows unless your bun is under your name (the ring transfer card) but I'm not sure.
Try www.thebrc.org

Thanks for that. She came from a local Country Store (not ideal, I know, but I didn't plan to come away with a bunny!). I did originally think the store owners were the breeders as they seemed very knowledgable about rabbits, breeding, size of accommodation, etc. However, I'm not convinced anymore as when I phoned to double check her age, they didn't seem as certain as when I bought her. Will the BRC give me the breeders details if I phone to request them?

ETA - if she has come from a store, would that mean she is unlikely to be suitable for shows other than in a "pet" class?

Sometimes you can pick up a rearly good rabbit as a pet, breeders dont always make the right choice when selecting what babys to keep. Its worth getting someone in the know to look. val

The ring will have the birth year on it, so you can have a rough age idea. Try the brc, it may be that they will give you the details, I've personally never tried. Once you join the brc, this forum is great for showing rabbits;
http://www.rabbitbreeders.co.uk/forums/
It's the unofficial brc forum, but you have to be a brc member to join. You can also post photos of your bun and they can tell you what's wrong/right with it. Then you can decide if you want to show.
Truth be told, it's best to join that forum before a show and get to know people there as it makes the whole experience a lot less scary and at least one member will happily show you how it works, where to put your bun on the day etc xxxx

Thanks for your replies.
Her ring says 06, which proves she's definately a baby :lol: . The shop told me that she was around 10 weeks, which would make her around 11 weeks now. I just want to make sure I get her spayed at the right time, and wanted to make sure that she wasn't really nearer to four or five months old! :)

Back