• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will Zion get a bigger dewlap?

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Zion is a mini rex and is about 8 months old. He seems rather slight although I don't think he is underweight. I have seen pics of other rex's on the forum who look like they have quite a large dewlap and are a bit more podgey.

Will Zion get one of these with age or is it a weight thing? Will he get one at all or is it just females?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Shiv xXXx

Yeah the primary purpose of the dewlap is for a doe to pull fur from to line her nest, so it's usually only unspayed (or late spayed) does which have them. Occasionally a male has one but only if he's overweight.

Jack and his Dewlap!!

rabbits716.jpg

Rex Bucks quite often have them :D

Janex

Ahhhhh ok - he was neutered at about 7 months so not sure if that would have an effect. I would imagine Jack was neutered Jane? Hehe he's so gorgeous.

Oh well I guess I will just watch this space :) He will be gorgeous either way :D

ShivyRex said:
Ahhhhh ok - he was neutered at about 7 months so not sure if that would have an effect. I would imagine Jack was neutered Jane? Hehe he's so gorgeous.

Oh well I guess I will just watch this space :) He will be gorgeous either way :D

Yes, Jack was neutered at 4 months of age. That piccie is of him aged 7.

Janex

Back