• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have i been duped?

AmyJo

Mama Doe
When i got Rudy from a rescue I was told he was a French lop. To me he is quite a large bunny but after a discussion on another site about the weight of french lops im wondering if he really isnt one. At last vet check he came in at 2.6kg a happy healthy bunny. :?

That's quite big for a dwarf lop but a bit little for a frenchie. If he was in rescue he could well be a cross between the two :)

Tamsin said:
That's quite big for a dwarf lop but a bit little for a frenchie. If he was in rescue he could well be a cross between the two :)

i have quite a few dwalfs in at that weight, my geman (the next size up in lops, is 3kg+ frecnhie start at about 4kg dont they!

I agree, that whatever breed he is he's absolutely beautiful. :D
I have a French Lop, but Rudy's ears don't look as long as a Frenchie's when he is crouched do they drag on the floor?

A mini or dwarf Lops ears are a bit shoter.

Yep, sounds like a dwarf lop or cross and looking at the picture, definitely not a Frenchie... Frenchies are much bigger. I have a girl Frenchie and she is around 5kg...

Yeah it doesnt matter what breed he is still love him to bits all the same. Being German lop would suit his full name of Rudolph though :lol:

He does have rather short ears compared to other lops

rudygarden.jpg

AmyJo said:
Yeah it doesnt matter what breed he is still love him to bits all the same. Being German lop would suit his full name of Rudolph though :lol:

He does have rather short ears compared to other lops

rudygarden.jpg

from that picture he isnt german either definate dwalf!

Back