• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMFG - mouse in bag of wood shavings!!!

lucyj

Mama Doe
Oh my god, bought a new bag of wood shavings on friday, noticed when got out of car tht there was shavings on back seat and bag had a hole bout an inch and a half across in it, jst thought has caught on seat belt or something, jst wnt out to do toilet corner litter jst now, saw something black in bag - gave it a shake, (being cautious as got majorly attacked by a bee 2 nights ago, stung 10 times - no I didnt think they could do tht either, but apparantly they can - and I think it had been hiding in straw or hay) and there was a dead mouse half decomposed in there!!! I feel sick. Going to have a rant at pet shop tomorrow. COuld the bedding Ive been using for H & H have been diseased????

How awful!! I think you'll be OK with what you've used so far, as the mouse would have been at the bottom, but I definitely wouldn't use any more!! :shock:

omg no - Ive put the whole bag, mouse still inside, in a black bin bag 2 take back 2 the shop 2mo when i go ranting!!

How horrible! :eek: I would have been appalled to find something like that in my bunny's bedding! Let us know how your rant goes!

I still think the mouse would only have contaminated a very small area. Your buns will be fine. :)

You're buns will be ok if you haven't used the shavings

But I did tho - been usin it since friday, bout half the bag, til discovered mouse 2day, hopefully b ok tho!

Ill keep u's informed how it goes!

Back