• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Passive Smoking Kills Pet Rabbits

no real suprise there.!!!

But sadly it wont stop people smoking around their pets. If they will do in the cars with their kiddies in :evil: :evil: ..need I say more.! :(

This doesn't surprise me as smoking kills humans, so why should animals be any different?. I would think they were more at risk than people being so small :cry:
I used to make my ex smoke out of the window or go outside :lol:

THATS what I don't understand - Vegans/Veggies who smoke!! Sorry - just remember that other thread where i'm a vegetarian hypocrite!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I watched this programme about the rain forests been cut down to grow cigarettes!

I understand smoking is an addiction but there are SO many things out now to try and help people give up.

I have had friends take a drug called Zyban from the docs and its helped them kick the habit. Never to go back.

If only I could give up chocolate :shock: ..wish there was some miracle drug I could take to cure that addiction. :lol: :lol:

My boyfriend is a very occassional smoker and he knows smoking near the animals is a big no no :no:

Angie65 said:
THATS what I don't understand - Vegans/Veggies who smoke!! Sorry - just remember that other thread where i'm a vegetarian hypocrite!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I watched this programme about the rain forests been cut down to grow cigarettes!

:lol: :lol: That thread did my head in.

SOAD said:
Angie65 said:

:lol: :lol: That thread did my head in.

It's awful when you have to think!

I grew up in a house with parents who were very heavy smokers and I've always hated it. Over the years we lost 2 budgies to tumours in their chest, one dog to breast cancer and 2 to heart disease. They all died reasonably young. I always thought it was too much a coincidence. When you looked at how yellow the decor was and you think of the animals breathing it in :( . My parents still deny smoking harms, despite my dad having a near fatal heart attack at age 52 and my mum's now plumbed into oxygen 18 hours a day!! Needless to say neither of them smoke now (because they can't not because they don't want to), so hopefully their current cat and dog might live to a natural old age......

Anyone out there who smokes, STOP :!: It really isn't worth it. My parents are so disabled by the effects - my dad used to say he'd rather smoke and die young and happy - the only problem is he didn't die so now they live very very unhappy lives, housebound, ill, miserable.

Have I persuaded you? Sorry about the rant but it's something I feel really strongly about.

Jack's-Jane said:
Angie65 said:
I'm sitting here wheezing reading this!! (Caused by a lunch of Red WKD :roll: ) :lol:

If I'd had that for lunch I'd be SNORING not wheezing :lol: :lol:

Janex

I'm an Accountant. Sleeping on the job is an occupational Hazard anyway :oops: :lol:

My house is a non smoking house and my b/f goes outside when he smokes come rain, snow or hail. He would NEVER smoke around the buns.

Its still a lung at the end of the day whether human or animal.

i have tried persuadingmy niece its why her rats died of resp failure..why the budgies died..and why her litlebrother has chronic asthma and now anaphalaxis..and do they stop smoking..no..

the 2 house buns never get the freedom they should and they smoke in theire whilst at the pc...grrrrr

rspcaarent going to question that..yet ive been told housebuns from rescues get considered least if theyre indoor chainsmokers...personally i cant see any rescue saying that..but its a thought.

i lost my dad recently..his lungs were etaen away by Tb before i was born..before that he was a heavy smoker..when they did a ct scan on his lungs whilst he was dying in hospital they could still see the lung damage done by smoking when he wasmy age and younger!

I find this interresting, i think smoking is not the whole cause of cancer. My parents both smoked all there lives. My dad died of old age at 80 and never had a day of work till his last two weeks. He worked up untill his death.Ive known so many people that have died of it and it runs in families. None of my family have ever had it. Yes i smoke, none of my animals have ever died of cancer. Three dogs lived to an old age and a 23 yr old cat. To be honest i think to much blame is put on smoking and nothing is done about the more likly causes polution, pesticides etc. Granted it carnt do your body much good but the other likely causes are not stressed because it would be too costly to put right. val

Back