• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel miserable....Yipee George is home

sharond

Warren Scout
I dropped George of at the vet this morning to be neutered, and I feel dreadful. His little face was looking at me out of the carrier as I left :cry:

I know he's in good hands, and neutering for a mlae is not a big deal, but I feel so anxious about the annaesthetic, and also the fact that you can't say "I'll be back". To them it must seem like you've gone off and left them forever :cry:

They are going to ring me between 3.00 and 4.00 to let me know that I can go and collect him, so I'm going to clean out my wardrobe to keep busy and make the day pass.

Awwwwww I know we ALL fret about our Buns when they have to have a GA. Trying to keep busy does help and I am sure George will be fine!!

Please let us know when he comes home.

Janex

He'll be fine, and so happy to see you! Bobby was in for his teeth a couple of months back, and he was fine - it was as if nothing had happened :D

I know how horrible it is....you cannot get him out of your mind and wish the hours would fly past till you can collect him and give him those huge snuggles....from you and from me

95.gif

awwwww ( hugs) I was just the same with Storm, I cried all the way home :oops: :oops: and couldn't eat all day, but he was absolutly fine, as I'm sure your George will be :D keep us updated on the little man.

Sending big hugs to you Sharon. I've got to ring about Pippa after 12.30 so I'm chewing my nails till then. No news is good news though, so I guess the vet'd ring us both if there was a problem. I left her this morning with my son alongside crying 'what if she dies' which didn't make me feel much better!

I noticed you got George from Ross Rabbits, I love their site, is he as friendly as they make out their buns are? Try not to worry, I'm sure he'll be fine

Kathryn xx

Thank you everyone for your posts and reassurances :D I will of course let you all know when he gets home safely :D

kayjay said:
I noticed you got George from Ross Rabbits, I love their site, is he as friendly as they make out their buns are? Try not to worry, I'm sure he'll be fine

Kathryn xx

Kathryn I will be waiting to hear how Pippa get's on too. We are obviously both feeling the same today. It's a long day isn't it!!!

To answer your question about George and Ross Rabbits. Yes he is extremely friendly. From the first day we had him he has been such a chilled out bunny. He was already litter trained when we got him at 9 weeks, so that was amazing.
He loves snuggles and cuddles and being fussed, he was always easy to handle from word go. He hops round the house after us, and he took to our dog immediately, he never showed any fear of him whatsoever. I am new to all this so don't have experience of other bunnies, but he has been everything I had hoped for and more.

I have to say that I feel this is down to Karen from Ross rabbits and all the tips and advice she gave me and of course the temperament of her rabbits (George's Mum and Dad).

I'm sure George's op will go fine. Big ((hug)) to you - it must be a worrying experience, probably more so for you than for George! :D

Hi there,

I hope George is fine, just try to keep your mind occupied - maybe pop to the shops or summat?

Just thought I'd tell you from my experience, when I picked up Jessica after her spey I was a bit shocked - she looked all sorry for herself and it almost broke my heart. They put eye drops in thier eyes as apparently their eyes don't close so put goo stuff in it to keep them moist. Anyway her poor little eyes as it took days to wash that goo out of her fur.

Also I found it quite tricky to pick her up to check her wound as I didn't want to hurt her so I was really scared.

Anyway not trying to make you worry more - but just thought I'd tell you how I felt - I'm sure she looked worse than she felt - and now she is right as rain - it took her about 3 days for her to recover (cos she managed to escape!)

Small orange giraffe said:
Hi there,

I hope George is fine, just try to keep your mind occupied - maybe pop to the shops or summat?

Just thought I'd tell you from my experience, when I picked up Jessica after her spey I was a bit shocked - she looked all sorry for herself and it almost broke my heart. They put eye drops in thier eyes as apparently their eyes don't close so put goo stuff in it to keep them moist. Anyway her poor little eyes as it took days to wash that goo out of her fur.

Also I found it quite tricky to pick her up to check her wound as I didn't want to hurt her so I was really scared.

Anyway not trying to make you worry more - but just thought I'd tell you how I felt - I'm sure she looked worse than she felt - and now she is right as rain - it took her about 3 days for her to recover (cos she managed to escape!)

Thanks for the warning. It's always better to be prepared, then anything better is a bonus.

Mandy, sorry I missed your post. I hope your piggies will be fine too :D

sharond said:
Hi there,

Thanks for the warning. It's always better to be prepared, then anything better is a bonus.

Aw thanks, when are you picking George up?
I've had a male rabbit neutered before and he really seemed perfectly fine after....as others have told you most important thing is that he eats and goes to the toilet. And don't bed him on hay. i will be using a fleecy blanket for Max later.

mandy said:
sharond said:
Hi there,

Aw thanks, when are you picking George up?
I've had a male rabbit neutered before and he really seemed perfectly fine after....as others have told you most important thing is that he eats and goes to the toilet. And don't bed him on hay. i will be using a fleecy blanket for Max later.

I am hoping to be able to pick George up between 5.00 and 6.00 I can't wait.
George is a house rabbit so he doesn't sleep on hay anyway, here is a photo of him in his bed. He's like anold man, whenhe's falt ut you cna do anything round him and he's out for the count :lol:

root_003_1.jpg

ahhh bless him, I hope he is alright. Try not to worry too much, like the others say bucks recover better and its not as complicated as having a doe done but I know its still a worry. I bet Wolf misses him too :cry:

Only an hour or so to go now x

Yay, the vet jsut phoned and said he's awake and doing fine, so we can pick him up as planned :D phew!!!!!
Thanks to all for your replies.
Sam, Yes Wolf has been looking around for him, he can't understand where he's gone.

well, George is home safe and sound :D He is looking a bit sleepy. he has had a nibble on a piece of broccoli head and one pellet but both I have had to give him by hand he hasn't gone to his bowl. He has done three little poops in his litter tray but that's all.

I hve been told by the vet that if he is not eating and pooping by tomorrow morning he must go straight back. He's only been home for just over an hour, so I suppose I'm being a bit eager, but I just want to see him at his food bowl.

Back