• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
Strange request but does anyone have any pics of what their buns look like when they are moulting?

Teddy's fur has gone a bit strange/thin looking on places and I just wanted to check if this was 'normal'.

I groomed him last night and there was no evidence of abnormal amounts of fur coming out on the brush.

Rabbits moult in different ways thats the trouble. Some loose big chunks and some loose it finely. Also the dead hair waiting to come out is usualy a different colour to the new hair. Maybe be eaiser if you post a piccie of your rabbit. val

I was was thinking about getting a pic of him.

Will try and do it later if I can get him to sit still for a minute :lol:

Dusty is dreadful for moulting! he looks in a right state atm with all tufts of hair poking out! He even had a bald patch the other day :shock: but its grown back pretty quickly

storm's fur has gone really thin in places, and you can see his skin when you brush his fur the wrong way, which is unusual for him :? it looks really odd on his thin patches as his fur is light at the roots on his black bits :lol: He is moulting soooooo much! there's clouds of it comming off :shock:

Marcel de Bun is really bad at the moment, he looks like a shabby teddy that I have been sewing together :lol: :lol: :lol: this up and down weather is not helping at all, I dont think the buns fur knows what to do for the best :lol: :lol:

Mine also all moult differently. I have one that looks very scruffy with tufts of fur all over the place... I pluck him like a chicken :lol: Then I have a couple that never seem to moult at all... so obviously do it very gradually. And some moult with a line starting at the head and going back to the rear end...

Vera

LurcherGirl said:
Mine also all moult differently. I have one that looks very scruffy with tufts of fur all over the place... I pluck him like a chicken :lol: Then I have a couple that never seem to moult at all... so obviously do it very gradually. And some moult with a line starting at the head and going back to the rear end...

Vera

Teddy has a line that seems to run around the bottom of his body which has been like it for a while, but now there are patches that are the same colour as this line and I just started to worry incase it was not moult as no hair came out when I brushed him!

Daisy has weird short bits on the top of her head and white fur mixed in with her agouti which seems like something that would come in the middle of a moult, but she isn't losing any fur anymore :? And Fidget has a line on each side of her body that has been there ages... it's like they're both half way through a moult and have given up on the idea :lol: Weird little creatures, these rabbits :lol: .

Back