PDA

View Full Version : Moulting

lynda_m
15-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Strange request but does anyone have any pics of what their buns look like when they are moulting?

Teddy's fur has gone a bit strange/thin looking on places and I just wanted to check if this was 'normal'.

I groomed him last night and there was no evidence of abnormal amounts of fur coming out on the brush.

taylor v 109
15-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Rabbits moult in different ways thats the trouble. Some loose big chunks and some loose it finely. Also the dead hair waiting to come out is usualy a different colour to the new hair. Maybe be eaiser if you post a piccie of your rabbit. val

lynda_m
15-08-2006, 09:32 AM
I was was thinking about getting a pic of him.

Will try and do it later if I can get him to sit still for a minute :lol:

Katie
15-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Dusty is dreadful for moulting! he looks in a right state atm with all tufts of hair poking out! He even had a bald patch the other day :shock: but its grown back pretty quickly

sparklefairy
15-08-2006, 11:14 AM
storm's fur has gone really thin in places, and you can see his skin when you brush his fur the wrong way, which is unusual for him :? it looks really odd on his thin patches as his fur is light at the roots on his black bits :lol: He is moulting soooooo much! there's clouds of it comming off :shock:

Denny
15-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Marcel de Bun is really bad at the moment, he looks like a shabby teddy that I have been sewing together :lol: :lol: :lol: this up and down weather is not helping at all, I dont think the buns fur knows what to do for the best :lol: :lol:

LurcherGirl
15-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Mine also all moult differently. I have one that looks very scruffy with tufts of fur all over the place... I pluck him like a chicken :lol: Then I have a couple that never seem to moult at all... so obviously do it very gradually. And some moult with a line starting at the head and going back to the rear end...

Vera

lynda_m
15-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Mine also all moult differently. I have one that looks very scruffy with tufts of fur all over the place... I pluck him like a chicken :lol: Then I have a couple that never seem to moult at all... so obviously do it very gradually. And some moult with a line starting at the head and going back to the rear end...

Vera

Teddy has a line that seems to run around the bottom of his body which has been like it for a while, but now there are patches that are the same colour as this line and I just started to worry incase it was not moult as no hair came out when I brushed him!

Beany
15-08-2006, 08:47 PM
It sounds like he's moulting, from my (very) limited experience :)

lynda_m
15-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Upon closer inspection it looks like he's moulting too :lol:

He just looks a bit of a scruff bless him

Inimical Me
15-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Daisy has weird short bits on the top of her head and white fur mixed in with her agouti which seems like something that would come in the middle of a moult, but she isn't losing any fur anymore :? And Fidget has a line on each side of her body that has been there ages... it's like they're both half way through a moult and have given up on the idea :lol: Weird little creatures, these rabbits :lol: .