• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies in need - rwa

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
The help line has just received a call from a member of the public who has been renting his home to a young lady who has just left his property. Left in the house are 79 mini lops housed in 60 cages. Ages range from 6 weeks to 3 1/2 years. Feeding them is costing the caller a small fortune, and his greatest concern is that they need re-homing as soon as possible. The RWA have given him the telephone numbers of all the rescues in Oxfordshire who might be able to help, but as we know most rescues are full. Rabbit Re-home has also been asked to help by publishing the details.

If you know of anyone looking for a bunny and can help in any way, please contact Ben Preston on 01235 224790 or the RWA help line. We have suggested that Ben contacts his local newspaper to ask them to run an appeal. Sadly if we cannot get these animals homed, the majority will have to be put to sleep. Do you know of a rescue shelter close to you that could help by taking on just a couple and would you be willing to transport the bunnies from Oxforshire? If so, please contact Ben.

Please do NOT respond directly to this message

This has been posted in Rabbits in Need under "79 mini lops..."

Greenfields are taking 20 and they are local to me so I will be helping out, hopefully will also be able to foster as well.

bunnylove said:
jave the rwa posted about this on there web site??? i cant find it? :oops:

It went out as an alert to rescues in the Oxfordshire area, I knew about it because Lorna at Greenfields was sent it and she always mails me to see if ARC can help if she has a large group due in or if she has piggies she would like help with. I dont think there is anything on their website.

I think she contacted all the Oxfordshire and surrounding rescues, me and sent out an alert to their mailing list :) Here's a copy of the first alert message incase you missed it:

The help line has just received a call from a member of the public who has been renting his home to a young lady who has just left his property. Left in the house are 79 mini lops housed in 60 cages. Ages range from 6 weeks to 3 1/2 years. Feeding them is costing the caller a small fortune, and his greatest concern is that they need re-homing as soon as possible. The RWA have given him the telephone numbers of all the rescues in Oxfordshire who might be able to help, but as we know most rescues are full. Rabbit Re-home has also been asked to help by publishing the details.

If you know of anyone looking for a bunny and can help in any way, please contact Ben Preston on 01235 224790 or the RWA help line. We have suggested that Ben contacts his local newspaper to ask them to run an appeal. Sadly if we cannot get these animals homed, the majority will have to be put to sleep. Do you know of a rescue shelter close to you that could help by taking on just a couple and would you be willing to transport the bunnies from Oxforshire? If so, please contact Ben.

If you want to help you can also join the thread under Rabbits In Needs, rescues from several areas are recruiting foster carers if you can't take a perminant bun.

Tam

updated message

Following our First Alert message yesterday regarding the Oxford mini lops appeal, Green Fields rescue have very kindly stepped forward to co-ordinate the operation.

To save any confusion please could anyone offering practical help contact as below:

Any RESCUE CENTRES with placements to offer please call me, Lorna on 07739 147266 or email: lorna@greenfieldsrescue.co.uk. Depending on where you are in the country we can then either organise bunny runs directly from where the rabbits are in Oxford or I can get them out on Saturday when we go and bring them back here and they can be collected from here.

Any PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS with SHORT TERM FOSTER PLACEMENTS or equipment such as indoor cages to offer please email Sally Wyatt (our foster care co-ordinator) on sal@ljsarchitects.co.uk

Any PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS wishing to offer PERMANENT homes to these rabbits please email contact@greenfieldsrescue.co.uk However, you must bear in mind that none of the rabbits have been vaccinated, neutered or spayed as yet, many need veterinary treatment and many are pregnant.

Anyone wishing to donate money to getting these rabbits ready for rehoming please hang on and Lorna at Greenfields will set up a paypal or bank account especially for this appeal so that funds deposited in it can be divided amongst the people and rescues who are able to help.

Anyone wishing to come to the rescue on SATURDAY afternoon to be part of the reception team to sex, health check, assess and document each rabbit as it arrives, please contact Sal@ljsarcitects.co.uk

The RWA would like to say a big thank you to Green Fields for co-ordinating this, and to those who have already come forward to help these animals in plight.

Rabbit Welfare Association

& Rabbit Welfare Fund

http://www.rabbitwelfarefund.co.uk

(Reg Charity no. 1085689)

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk

Because rabbits deserve better...

National Helpline 0870 046 5249

Back