• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lumpy bits...?

Rogue

Banned
I was checking Bram's bottom tonight, and noticed that she was a little bit messy. As I was cleaning her up, I decided to double check her sex, as she's never stayed still enough for me to look before. I noticed she has a little "lump" on either side of her vent area around the midline between her vagina and anus, which initially made me wonder if she was perhaps a he... further inspection has made me fairly certain she is definately a doe, but what are these little lumps? They made me think of tiny testicles, so my certainty that Bram is a doe waivered a little.. But having double checked I'm almost positive that she is definately a SHE. Any ideas what the lumps are? She will be off to the vet on pay day for her jabs, etc but if there's the possibility of something nasty, I want to get her seen as soon as possible. I never noticed them on my brother's doe, and the photos I've seen this evening have made me even more positive that she is a girl but none of the does pictured had these lumps. My friend is also puzzled but thought they might be nipples, but they seemed too close to her bottom for that.

Thanks, Tamsin. They're much smaller than that - literally like a pinhead, which was why my friend wondered if they were tiny nipples... I would try to get a picture, but I think my parents might think I'm barmy! I will keep a very close eye on them when I check her bottom and if there's any change will have her to the vets. Otherwise, I will ask the vet about them when she goes in for her jabs.

Nipple's are pin head sized, you should be able to find a row goes up along each side that match.

Back