• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for toys?

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Am looking for some ideas to keep my bunnies out of mischief when they come in for a bit of a run/mooch around the house. I want to get them some nice cushions to lay down on, but also wondered if anyone could think of toys to keep them busy indoors. They like to climb! :lol: Do bunnies like soft toys?

Thanks for that. :) Will get looking for good ones. I thought if I did get some soft toys I'd try one for newborns, so hopefully no fluff (unless of course it gets ripped open! :shock: )

Toilet rolls stuffed with hay are good toys. My buns have a child's stool which I bought for 99p. They sit on and run under it and sometimes move it.

The pound shop have some lovely large balls, they have been a big hit with my buns ... and they are cheap!

madymoo likes home made toys rather than pet shop toys ( shes a cheap date :lol: )
some of her faves are
ikea small light blue pillow - there are only 69p and she always has one in her cage. she digs in, sits on in, pees on it :oops: for 69p it doesn't really matter as when it gets a bit messy or old i just replace it

she also likes paper cups - if i am going to the cinema or something i just ask for a clean one, no-one's ever said no.

straw baskets - got them from poundland -

but her all time fave toy is a soya protein pot which was cleaned after my husband had used it and has been loved ever since

I've bought my buns lots of cat things, they've got a wicker two tier basket thing that has cushion, which I hang chewey treasts in - I had to make sure that they were kitten size as one of my cats whos HUGE has thinks shes tiny and will try to sit and squeeze in anything! :roll:

also bought them a chateau lapin - basically a card board castle with two levels - I've put hay in it and they love it.

I've bought them tonnes of stuff from pet shops as well, which they love.

Bram and the Piggies (sounds like a band!) have several carboard boxes filled with shredded paper and cardboard toilet roll tubes. All free, because the boxes came from work (the kind that stacks a few packs of paper), the shredded paper from my home office and the tubes from the bathroom! :lol: The fave at the moment is the lid off the box - they were all out together last night, and all three squeezed under it at the same time! Very cute seeing them all snuggled together.

When we've got a bigger run, I have a large box to make a "Bunny Fortress" out of, and I have been harrassing local carpet shops for larger tubes for them.

Back