• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caution - Willow balls!

animus

Mama Doe
I gave the buns a willow ball to play with this morning, after a few minutes it was nearly destoyed.
I looked away for 1 second and found Crunchie caught in it like this...

Image476.jpg

Image477.jpg

Luckily she wasn't in pain and I managed to get it off quickly without doing her any damage but I just wanted to advise you all to watch closely when they play with them :)

Eeep! I was going to buy a few Willow Balls, but I might give it a miss now. I'd never be able to live with myself if Bram had an accident.

:shock: :shock: :shock: my 2 always have them and that's never happened before :shock: it's usually a nice neat pile of twigs afterwards :lol: I'm so pleased that crunchie is OK!

I wouldn't let it put you off buying them. All toys have the potential to cause an injury but unless you plan on wrapping you bun up in cottonwool and never letting them play with anything you just have to minimise the risks as best you can :)

The willow balls in the packs at PaH are braided in a way that that couldn't happen (it's like a spiral weave). I guess if you are worried you could use those instead of the willow/vine balls that are woven together in a random fashion. :)

Anyway glad your bun is OK, the good thing is, if she had been a bit stuck she should have been able to chew her way out, and buns are often able to get in and out of smaller spaces than we think - which sometimes gets them into trouble with us!

Rosei loves her willow balls, i bought the pack from P@H which had 3 balls and two lots of twigs, she seems to be eatign them though, is this ok??

the ball is now in half!!!

Thanks

I had something similar with willow rings, Athena managed to get one around her torso - it was open at one end so expanded as she sqeezed through it :shock: but then sprung back into place around her and she couldn't get it off.

I must have found her pretty quickly after it happened as she didn't seem that distressed and removed the remains of the other rings just in case.

Bloomin bunnies eh!!

Caz

Sorry, I didn't mean to discourage anyone from buying them, just wanted to make sure you're all aware of the dangers, I wouldn't want anyones bun to have an accident :(

johannapage said:
Rosei loves her willow balls, i bought the pack from P@H which had 3 balls and two lots of twigs, she seems to be eating them though, is this ok??

the ball is now in half!!!

Thanks

It's fine :D Deej ate a whole ball within hours! :shock: He likes to nibble the sticks occasionally but much prefers balls! :D

Jasper's done that too - he's quite small tho so I left him to it, watching on in amusement, he managed to kick himself out, only to get back in it again after about 2 mins - think he enjoyed being all entwined in it.

Bram begins "play time" when I am sorting out the hutch/feed/water, usually watched by my dad. If anything like that happened, I'm not sure he'd know what to do :lol: . I think I might wait until she is bigger to get willow balls...

OMG! Wht would hav happened if u hadn't gone right back out?! I jst gave H&H their first 1 of them last week - but it didn't have a frame in it like that, it sort of spiralled up from the bottom to the top. Gave them it in the evening, by the morning there was less than half left, and now there's jst a little piece! And there's no twigs left either...so they must have eaten it

Back