• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bonding Diary - Bilbo + Solstice

bilbo

Alpha Buck
Ok so first attempt Bilbo decided she was having none of it :? so launched an attack on Solly. Now i have Solly in a see through carrier and Bilbo free ranging.o my days how i am so crud at bonding :lol: :lol:

Are they both spayed? If not then that would probably help with the aggression.
Bonding doesn't always happen instantly... took a week to bond my two! You have to be really patient, sometimes buns like to make things akward and it can be hard ;)
Are you using a place none of them has been before? Have you tried putting them both in a carrier in a car and taking them for a drive? That can really help :D

thank you for your suggestions..they arent spayed so im makinmg my job 10x harder but at the moment i have to pay for my two dogs to be spayed/castrated so cant afford to do the buns as well :cry:

With two unspayed females I would bond very slowly and carefully, especially as there is a huge size difference I believe? It would be very easy for Bilbo to seriously injure a little bun, and as an unspayed doe on her own territory, this makes it far more likely. I may even be inclined to suggest keeping them within sight/smell but not actually try them together until they have been spayed.

Trying to bond my unspayed two even when they were only babies was a recipe for diaster. Fidget was having none of it :shock: it was awful! Now I'm scared to ever introduce them again, even when spayed!

yes your right their is quite a size difference. At the monment they can see each other but can get to each other, i will keep at it very slowly until i can get them spayed as i think its hormones making bilbo be aggressive

Back