• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit agility?

woodstock

Mama Doe
How do all,

Well, after little egg managed to jump from our dining room floor up onto the kitchen hatch, I thought i'd ask about rabbit agility.
My friend is really in to dog agility comps, and after she saw Egg's antics to get into our vegetable patch she mentioned that she had seen a similar thing to dog agility but for rabbits.

I reckon Egg would be really good at it (if she didn't decide to leg it in the other direction).

Does anyone do it? how do you train the rabbit to go the right way? (when Egg is out on her lead, there is no way that you would be able to dictate where she goes - you just have to follow her)

funny you should ask because a few days ago some posted an advert on another forum selling rabbits for show hopping, then gave a site to tell you all about it, i was amazed at how well trained the rabbits were and im really facinated by it, they have some great videos aswell :D
here is the link:
http://www.kaninhop.dk/uk

Rexy bexy said:
funny you should ask because a few days ago some posted an advert on another forum selling rabbits for show hopping, then gave a site to tell you all about it, i was amazed at how well trained the rabbits were and im really facinated by it, they have some great videos aswell :D
here is the link:
http://www.kaninhop.dk/uk

WOW!! :D :D That looks great! Think my two are too old to start that though :lol:

yes i found it reali interestin too, i have 3 mini rex who are 14 weeks old 2day and put them in a run and make some jumps out ov pieces ov wood, boxes and branches and they loved it, they were flyin over them, i left the roof open on the pen on the one jumped over :lol:

becky

wow!

Well, looks like littly eggy is too old (almost 4), but she's certainly got some self directed training... :lol:

I am going to check out a dog training class in my new area tonight - the lady who runs it has clicker trained a rabbit, a pig and a horse to do obedience/some agility stuff she was telling me over the phone!

Cosmos already recognises the bell noise his treatball makes = food and comes running so I reckon clicker training him could work!

How cute would that be saying sit/using hand signals and the dogs and rabbits both sit!

Caz

Back