• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cosmos has found a new Girlfriend - its Adele!!

Caz

Mama Doe
I just adopted Adele's namesake from ARC!

She is really sweet (I mean the bunny, although having met the real Adele, she is sweet too :wink: ).

CosmosandAdele.jpg

:shock: This is really Cosmos grooming another bunny:

CosmosandAdele2.jpg

I felt Cosmos was lonely having been used to living as a group of four (two pairs seperated by wire) and now being on his own since the loss of the others.

I had been uming and ahing over whether I felt up to any more rabbits after my recent heartache but decided it was unfair to Cosmos as I couldn't devote enough time to him to ensure he didn't get lonely.

I initially spotted Loren's pic at ARC where his original partner Violet came from but although she was a lovely rabbit in the flesh; she didn't like me :( !

Adele was also available and seemed more friendly towards me so we popped her in with Cosmos in a pen.

She was quite keen and kept coming up and nudging him for a groom but him being him he just bonked her head instead, then spotted the hay and started stuffing his face - she didn't get a look in :roll: men!

After a while her persistance paid off and he started nudging her for a groom but she just ran off, so after 10-15 minutes of this we decided they were a pretty good match and off we went home with them in a carrier.

When I got back I cleaned out the hutch then popped them in the side Cosmos wasn't used to (it is still split in two).

They have been having a good explore and are doing a bit of snuggling until Cosmos gets a bit frisky and then she's off. He even groomed her, which had to be captured above since I don't think he ever groomed Violet in her life (poor girly was devoted to him and would groom him for hours but never got so much as a lick in return).

It certainly is nothing like when I bonded Athena and Zeus - boy did the fur fly then, that was hard work!

They seem to be nicely matched so hopefully this pair will have a long, happy life together!

Caz

Thanks for putting pictures up of Adele and Cosmos, it is lovely to see that she has eventually found a new home. Although quite shy when she is approached, given a few minutes she is such a nosey character she normally cannot resist coming to find out what is going on.

I am really glad to see that she has found a forever friend and home. Thank you for giving her a new chance in life

Janice

I have just been reading up on their story (Tamsin, Adele and Lizzie the bunsters) and bizarrely their grandparents were purchased at a store near my old work in Slough that I used to pop in some lunchtimes and sigh at the poor bunnies and GPs stuck in there.

Then they ended up temporarily at Greenfields rescue where I did some volunteering when my OH worked in Bracknell and I had loads of free time while waiting to pick him up.

Seems like I was always one step behind meeting them/their relatives until I drove down to London yesterday!

I hope Adele is very happy here and that the real Adele is pleased with her namesake's new home!

I checked on them this morning and they were running around in the rain :shock: rather them than me but they seemed quite happy!

Caz

awwww Caz, I am soo chuffed for you and Cosmos looks well loved up with his new lady bun :love: :D 8) :D its funny how things work out sometimes and it was obviously meant to be that Adele should come along, it was just waiting until your paths crossed :wink: :D

:p :p :p Oh Caz, I am absolutely delighted to hear you have adopted rabbit Adele :D :D :D If Adele had to go anywhere in the UK, yours must be one of the best homes :D :D :D
Please let me know how Adele gets on, but she looks like she has made herself right at home already :D :D
This news has made my day, after a very bad week here at the Sanctuary.
Love and best wishes to you Caz, and snuggles for your bunnies.
Adele (of the human variety :shock: :lol: :lol: )

Back