• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long Stay Bunnies

Instead of 'waiting 5 months for a home' could you perhaps say 'still waiting for a home' or something similar? I can't think of anything better than that right now, but I know what you mean about it not sitting right. Sorry I'm not being very helpful there!

Thanks for the suggestions :) I think 'I've been waiting 8 months for a home!' would work nicely. I'll remove the date as that's on the bunnies details anyway :)

Tam

Hi,

Just a thought, I would imagine the rescues that post buns for rehoming are pretty good at removing them when they are rehomed, but what about private individuals. Do the ads stay on indefinately or do you send an automated email asking if they should be removed as they have been successfully rehomed?

Apologies if this is a dumb question

Jx

Hiya,

The site records the date a rabbit is added and the date it's details were last updated. All the rabbits displayed on the site have been added or updated within the last three months (it takes awhile for bunnies to be rehomed so that's not as long as it sounds).

I send out emails to people once the ad gets to about 4-6 weeks old and ask them to confirm whether the rabbit's still available :)

It seems to keep the site reasonably well up to date - the dates are displayed on the rabbits details to so you can check how up to date the info is.

Tam

:lol: Yep, I've gradually automated more and more of the work. There are just sooo many bunnies I don't think it would be possible to do it by hand.

There are currently 606 rabbits available that fall into the 3 month added/updated bracket :shock:

Most are more up to date though, 400 have been added/updated within the last month. That's a lot of bunnies to choose from!

Tam

Wow - that is a lot of rabbits!

I just wish more people would get a rescue, instead of buying them from petshops..

Jx

The happier stats are of the 252 rabbits added in the last 30 days, 52 have already found homes :)

Tam

Good idea Tamsin :D

just to let you know there is a bun called Dandelion on Leicester section..he's the bun I picked up from the "rescue" and he's now been rehomed to Lynda M!!!!...doubt if the woman will delete him as according to the person who let us have him she's living in the USA now! :shock:

also 2 GPs on thr gp rehome site by the same woman were picked up on same day and taken to RGPW in Rugby...just thought you might like to delete them!

Thanks Jill, I've removed those :)

I've also done it so the 'latest' bunnies shown on the homepage should update when the rabbits are updated/added :)

Tam

rngpwelfare said:
Tam is there any plans to give guinea pig rehome the same make over? :)

It needs it doesn't it :? It's kinda got a bit left behind but yes, I think that's probably the next thing I ought to do :)

Its looking great Tamsin! Lets hope it helps some of those bunnies who have been waiting a long time for a home.
Just to add Tuesday, appears at the top of the page is living with Egg now.. cant imagine there are two black dutches called Tuesday so id guess thats him! :wink:

Diddeen said:
Its looking great Tamsin! Lets hope it helps some of those bunnies who have been waiting a long time for a home.
Just to add Tuesday, appears at the top of the page is living with Egg now.. cant imagine there are two black dutches called Tuesday so id guess thats him! :wink:

Yes that is my Tuesday that's living with Woodstocks Egg.

It might be my fault,that it's come to the top again. You see I cover myself for a couple of weeks after re-homing by updating them to either re-homed or reserved then if it all goes wrong there still there and it saves me having to do the whole thing again.

Yes Tam guinea pig re-home has got a bit left behind. :shock: :D

:)

All seems to be well in the big bunny house today... there has been much sleeping (and snoring from Tuesday!!!! :shock: ) and eating going on, so fingers crossed he won't be going back to tracy!
(I think he's rather smitten with Egg you know :love:.... she's been getting him to chase her (yes i know - but she thinks its great for some reason) by nipping his bum and then running away wagling her tail as she goes!)

Back