• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding in progress! U/D Tues am

anon101

Banned
Hi Folks,

This morning I decided we would give bonding Bruce and Scarlet another whirl. Bruce has been a single free-range house Rabbit for several weeks. Scarlet has been on her own for a few weeks as she has lost two of her companions this year and it had really upset her. We did try bonding them a few weeks ago but Scarlet showed a lot of aggression. :(

First encounter was very funny actually. :) Scarlet totally ignored Bruce and Bruce bless him tried his hardest to show off by running full tilt around the kitchen, tail in the air, ears flapping and promptly crashed into the table as he wasn’t looking were he was going! :oops: :lol:

There’s been a bit of chasing but no fur pulling or aggression yet. Currently they are sitting at opposite ends of the kitchen eating hay so fingers crossed they will progress from here. :wink:

Louise

Thing’s have gone really well. :D I’ve seen some mutual grooming from both of them and they have been together since Sunday morning with no fur pulling or real aggression.

They do tend to squabble over the litter tray but I have given them a bottom of an indoor cage to use so there’s room for two so hopefully this will solve that problem. :wink:

Louise

He’s been kept in the kitchen for the last few weeks as I think all that freedom had gone to his head, as he was getting very confident. He can see the Cats through a baby gate so I’m hoping given a bit of time they will get used to the sight of each other and we can slowly extend his and Scarlet’s space throughout the house.

Louise

Back