• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I expect?

sharond

Warren Scout
George is being neutered on Tuesday. I am just wondering if you can give me some pointers as to what I can expect when I bring him home.

Will he be sleepy, miserable etc. and if so how long does this usualy last.

I do appreciate every case is different, but I'd just like to know as a rough guide.
Thanks Sharon x

I was worried sick about Storm, but when he got home he bounced right out of his carrier as though nothing had happened :shock: he went straight to the food and binkyed around my room afterwards :shock: I know some bunnies are a bit sleepy. You just have to keep them warm, comfortable and make sure they drink plenty of fluids as it flushes out the ga. He should be OK. Just keep an eye on his wound, his poops and his eating.

I don't know how different it is for males but when Crunchie (female) was done, she was drowsy and wouldn't eat, the vet gave me some Science Recovery to put in her water, when she'd had that she returned to her happy-go-lucky self again.
I was told to keep her indoors with some blankets to keep her warm, she managed to chew through her stitches 3 times though so it'd be a good idea to keep an eye on those so he doesn't end up in one of these...
Crunchieincollarafterspay2.jpg

Neutering

Hi,

When Lappers had his op, I wasn't even sure he HAD had it - he was completely, absolutely normal!!

Hope this is helpful,

Sue

Males seem to cope much better as the op isn't as bad for them (males always have everything so much easier :roll: ) Hobbes was fine after his op, so was Dexter except he wouldn't leave his bits alone! He pulled his stitches out so he had to go back to the vet and get glued.

Back