• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Evo was poorly

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Evo was poorly this morning.....not eating, tiny poos etc. I gave him infacol and tummy rubs before I left for work at 5.30am, his tummy was very doughy and quiet, and o/h did the same when he got up.

I was in tears at work :oops: and left early at 1 to take him to the vet. He was fine when I got home though, breakfast was gone and loads of poo, I reckon it must have been a bit of gas, but I'll keep an eye on him. :)

Oh Laura I am so glad to hear Evo has improved :D This is down to your prompt action I am sure :) well done for sorting Evo out, he is such a gorgeous bunny, he is not allowed to be ill!!.

Hugs to you
best wishes
Adele

Adele said:
Oh Laura I am so glad to hear Evo has improved :D This is down to your prompt action I am sure :) well done for sorting Evo out, he is such a gorgeous bunny

Ditto :D

Glad he is ok now!!! :D

Thank you for all your good wishes. He seems fine now though, let's hope it carries on.

It was so weird though, I let him out whilst I was getting ready for work as always - he has about 1/2 hour out running before I shut him away again. His behaviour was normal. I sent him to his cage as normal, and he was all excited about his brekkie as normal. He had his papaya tablet which he loves, all excited about that, and then a bit from his bowl.....then suddenly when into bloat symptoms, in literally a couple of seconds. Then he wouldn't touch oats (his favourite) or anything. I infacoled him, and gave him a quick tummy rub before I left.

Was still the same when o/h left at 8.30ish, and he gave more infacol. Luckily he had to do his Health & Safety test for work today, so he popped back home at about 11, when Evo had done some poo but not eaten. I phoned him from work and got him to wash out Evo's bowl and open a fresh bag of food, just in case it was that which was causing the problem (even though Evo had been on this bag for about a week now). He then ate his food, but still not straight away.

I had made an appointment with the vet for 3.30, but left work early, and got home about 2ish to see how he was....he'd eaten the majority of his SS and done plenty of poo by then, so I cancelled the vet, as I thought the stress of the visit would probably make things worse, seeing as he had eaten by then. He seems totally fine now, although the vet has an emergency surgercy tomorrow am if I need it.

Sorry for the essay, it's just weird that it was so sudden. :?

glad he's fine, rosie was poorly over week from about 9pm all through night for about 12hours she was rolling her stomach all over floor and couldnt settle but was fine when morning came after i spent most of night checking on her - i was soo tired

lisa

Oh Laura, these bunnies certainly know how to worry us don't they???!!!! Glad Evo is all right now though!!!! :D

Glad to hear gorgeous Evo is feeling better now, poor thing!

I've had a few very similar incidences with now, 2 quite serious with trips to the vet out of hours, and some times when he's had gas, but he always pulls through and reverts back to a loon! He is a worry though :(

Reading this forum, and from my own experiences with my 2, it just seems so common. :? Am permanently paranoid about my 2 now after their bouts of stasis. Have always got sachets of Recovery with me but am going to get some Infacol in the house too.

He seems right as rain this morning, back to being mental as usual. I think a lot of how easy the recovery is depends on how soon symptoms are noticed. Evo was fine first thing, but I soon knew he was not right, and started on the Infacol straight away. Of course it shouldn't be given instead of a vet trip, if a vet trip is necessary, but I think it's helped Evo get better a couple of times now.

Back