• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT - Please look, can you help?? Injured rabbit

OMG, thats awful!! She should hcontact a rescue or something....

She's not a netherland dwarf either!

Apache, could you change the post title to 'urgent please look' or something so more people will read it?

OMG I have just spoken with the owner :shock:

Rabbit had foot shut in hutch door by a child 4 days ago. :cry:
Says was taken to a Vet BUT I am not convinced :x

Family appear to run a shop (going by all the background noise)
I tried to encourage her to get Bun Veterinary treatment TODAY but to no avail. :cry: :x Girl says she will 'look for a Rescue centre' soon......

THIS BUN IS IN REAL TROUBLE HOW CAN WE HELP?? :cry: :cry:

Janex

mandy said:
Apache, could you change the post title to 'urgent please look' or something so more people will read it?

I've changed it now...

Jane - well done for ringing her, I can't beleive anyone would leave a rabbit in pain like that!

By the way how much is it likely to cost to get this rabbit sorted?

Jx

Apache said:
mandy said:

By the way how much is it likely to cost to get this rabbit sorted?

Jx

Depends whats broken. If surgery is needed we are talking quite a lot, especially if its a complicated fracture. Amputation might be the only option now as the fracture may have displaced causing even more damage and PAIN :cry:

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

there should be laws about this? JANE wheres freshfields? they are liverpool right? she if you can get a bigger :oops: rescue to help with this if not CAN SOMEONE get this bunny to me??? i will take it!

There is an RSPCA in Liverpool too, they might help..

If someone does take her, I'm happy to send a donation towards the vet fee's..

Jx

If Jay can get Bun BEFORE contacting the RSPCA.
Jay and John will do EVERYTHING to get Bun better. If the RSPCA take her she might be....... well, sorry but PTS :cry:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
If Jay can get Bun BEFORE contacting the RSPCA.
Jay and John will do EVERYTHING to get Bun better. If the RSPCA take her she might be....... well, sorry but PTS :cry:

Janex

I wasnt saying get them to take her just reoprt her for neglect! it is an offence to NOT get treatment for a sick animal!

Poor bunny, I'm sorry but to say a rabbit has broken its foot through a child shutting the hutch on its foot is terrible, what is the door made out of 2inch thick steel!! I really do hope someone can help the poor bunny :cry: :cry:

bunnylove said:
I wasnt saying get them to take her just reoprt her for neglect! it is an offence to NOT get treatment for a sick animal!

It's a really difficult one isn't it. The problem is the RSPCA won't take any action if the bun has already been moved, so it would have to stay there in anticipation of the RSPCA going to visit and hope that they actually do visit imminently. So by implication they would have to take the bun because otherwise they wouldn't have the evidence.

I'm glad it sounds as if she is going to be sorted very soon :thumb:

Back