View Full Version : URGENT - Please look, can you help?? Injured rabbit

Apache
12-08-2006, 09:36 AM
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=6089

Poor rabbit!

Jx

Azraelm
12-08-2006, 09:38 AM
OMG, thats awful!! She should hcontact a rescue or something....

She's not a netherland dwarf either!

@Debs111
12-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Poor thing :( Bet shes in a lot of pain!

Azraelm
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Apache, could you change the post title to 'urgent please look' or something so more people will read it?

AlisonA
12-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Oh that's awful, poor bunny :cry: I hope someone can help.

Jack's-Jane
12-08-2006, 10:24 AM
OMG I have just spoken with the owner :shock:

Rabbit had foot shut in hutch door by a child 4 days ago. :cry:
Says was taken to a Vet BUT I am not convinced :x

Family appear to run a shop (going by all the background noise)
I tried to encourage her to get Bun Veterinary treatment TODAY but to no avail. :cry: :x Girl says she will 'look for a Rescue centre' soon......

THIS BUN IS IN REAL TROUBLE HOW CAN WE HELP?? :cry: :cry:

Janex

Apache
12-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Apache, could you change the post title to 'urgent please look' or something so more people will read it?

I've changed it now...

Jane - well done for ringing her, I can't beleive anyone would leave a rabbit in pain like that!

By the way how much is it likely to cost to get this rabbit sorted?

Jx

Jack's-Jane
12-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Is this an option:

I contact this Rescue:

http://www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk/

and ask them if they will take Bun if I fund Vet treatment?

I am not wealthy but to know about this Bun and do nothing is heartbreaking :cry: :cry:

Janex

Jack's-Jane
12-08-2006, 10:33 AM

By the way how much is it likely to cost to get this rabbit sorted?

Jx

Depends whats broken. If surgery is needed we are talking quite a lot, especially if its a complicated fracture. Amputation might be the only option now as the fracture may have displaced causing even more damage and PAIN :cry:

Janex

Jaypot
12-08-2006, 10:35 AM
I'll try and take her - just got to get the contact details :shock: Poor mite :shock: :shock:

bunnylove
12-08-2006, 10:37 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

there should be laws about this? JANE wheres freshfields? they are liverpool right? she if you can get a bigger :oops: rescue to help with this if not CAN SOMEONE get this bunny to me??? i will take it!

Jaypot
12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Going to phone now - we know the road 'cos we used to live by there. Fingers crossed :(

bunnylove
12-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Going to phone now - we know the road 'cos we used to live by there. Fingers crossed :(

jay cant you rign the rspca? this surely is a cruelty case! :twisted:

Apache
12-08-2006, 10:45 AM
There is an RSPCA in Liverpool too, they might help..

If someone does take her, I'm happy to send a donation towards the vet fee's..

Jx

Jack's-Jane
12-08-2006, 10:45 AM
If Jay can get Bun BEFORE contacting the RSPCA.
Jay and John will do EVERYTHING to get Bun better. If the RSPCA take her she might be....... well, sorry but PTS :cry:

Janex

Apache
12-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Fingers crossed Jay can get her..

Jx

bunnylove
12-08-2006, 11:03 AM
If Jay can get Bun BEFORE contacting the RSPCA.
Jay and John will do EVERYTHING to get Bun better. If the RSPCA take her she might be....... well, sorry but PTS :cry:

Janex

I wasnt saying get them to take her just reoprt her for neglect! it is an offence to NOT get treatment for a sick animal!

smokiemistyozzy
12-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Poor bunny, I'm sorry but to say a rabbit has broken its foot through a child shutting the hutch on its foot is terrible, what is the door made out of 2inch thick steel!! I really do hope someone can help the poor bunny :cry: :cry:

Scoot
12-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Mum will write soon, we are getting Hannah tonight 8)

AlisonA
12-08-2006, 11:10 AM
I wasnt saying get them to take her just reoprt her for neglect! it is an offence to NOT get treatment for a sick animal!

It's a really difficult one isn't it. The problem is the RSPCA won't take any action if the bun has already been moved, so it would have to stay there in anticipation of the RSPCA going to visit and hope that they actually do visit imminently. So by implication they would have to take the bun because otherwise they wouldn't have the evidence.

I'm glad it sounds as if she is going to be sorted very soon :thumb:

smokiemistyozzy
12-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Mum will write soon, we are getting Hannah tonight 8)

Oh great news :thumb:

bunnylove
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM

It's a really difficult one isn't it. The problem is the RSPCA won't take any action if the bun has already been moved, so it would have to stay there in anticipation of the RSPCA going to visit and hope that they actually do visit imminently. So by implication they would have to take the bun because otherwise they wouldn't have the evidence.

I'm glad it sounds as if she is going to be sorted very soon :thumb:

if it was urgent i am sure they would have gone out asap, but where do you draw the line, obviously not at the expense of the bunnys health but its about bloody time people are made reponsible for there flippin actions :twisted: i hope jay does help this bun, but after they have took her the could go get another :roll: these people should be STOPPED AND MADE ACOUNTABLE!

AlisonA
12-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Couldn't agree more Eve! If only the law was a bit more helpful, and from what I've heard of the speed of action of the RSPCA even in urgent cases, a rabbit with a broken leg probably won't be their highest priority :cry: It is soooo frustrating that people can get away with neglect and improper care and nothing is done :cry: :evil:

honeybunny
12-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Well done for taking her Jay..

Jaypot
12-08-2006, 11:29 AM
We'll be collecting her this evening :D We will be taking the hutch and everything as well to stop them getting another bun :x
I am going to rename her - instead of Hannah she will be called Truly Scrumptious - or Truly for short :D
We will be taking a first aid kit with us including Metacam.
If anyone can help with the vets bills, no matter how small a donation then we would be ever so grateful :)
She will probably need spaying and vaccinating as well - we will take her to see our vet tomorrow :D

bunnylove
12-08-2006, 11:38 AM
We'll be collecting her this evening :D We will be taking the hutch and everything as well to stop them getting another bun :x
I am going to rename her - instead of Hannah she will be called Truly Scrumptious - or Truly for short :D
We will be taking a first aid kit with us including Metacam.
If anyone can help with the vets bills, no matter how small a donation then we would be ever so grateful :)
She will probably need spaying and vaccinating as well - we will take her to see our vet tomorrow :D

donatin will be winging it way to you jay :D can i have you paypal address please hun!

Jayney
12-08-2006, 11:43 AM
if you give me your paypal address i will send a donation aswell

thank goodness there are people like you out there jay

Jaypot
12-08-2006, 11:45 AM
:oops: :oops: I don't have a paypal address 'cos I don't have credit or debit cards :oops: :oops: :oops:

Can we say things about Truly Scrumptious a bit later on - with it being an open forum and suchlike - we are worried sick until we pick her up - then we can relax with her :wink: You all know what we mean don't you? :D :D :D

smokiemistyozzy
12-08-2006, 11:48 AM
:oops: :oops: I don't have a paypal address 'cos I don't have credit or debit cards :oops: :oops: :oops:

Can we say things about Truly Scrumptious a bit later on - with it being an open forum and suchlike - we are worried sick until we pick her up - then we can relax with her :wink: You all know what we mean don't you? :D :D :D
Yep know what you mean. We can discuss matters once Truely has been collected :D

raine
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Safe journey Jay. I will send you a donation.

Jack's-Jane
12-08-2006, 12:09 PM
....and welldone Apache for bringing this Buns plight to the attention of RU :thumb:

Janex

Diddeen
12-08-2006, 12:31 PM
oh im soooo glad this bun is going to be given the care and love it sooo needs right now.

bunnymadhouse
12-08-2006, 12:41 PM
poor bunny .

cant wait to hear that she s safe .

Angie

Apache
12-08-2006, 01:33 PM
....and welldone Apache for bringing this Buns plight to the attention of RU :thumb:

Janex

No problem at all, and a big thank you to Jay for taking her, I'm keeping everything crossed for the pick up tonight..

Jx

sharond
12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh that is excellent news. Well done to everyone involved in getting her rehomed :D

Snowy
12-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Where do we send donations?

smokiemistyozzy
12-08-2006, 08:37 PM
any news on thi little bunny.

rabshan
12-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Well done Jay :) once again to the rescue with your little scooty helper :) :wink: I will send a donation as soon as you can let is know how you would like this given :) i can send a cheque or i have a paypal account (&i'm not afraid to use it) :lol: :wink: Apache you are an angel for noticing this poor bun in need :) & is that an arab horse you have there? he/she is very handsome/pretty :)

Dobbin
12-08-2006, 09:25 PM
I have only just come online and noticed this thread - the link is no longer available. But i am guessing from what has been said it is a bun that needed rescueing. I have gone all cold.

I hope all is well?

please do let us know where to send a donation to.

sue
xx

rngpwelfare
12-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Yay she's at Jay's now safe and sound with a big dressig on her leg.

Well done guy's :D

Dobbin
12-08-2006, 10:25 PM
yay - thats nice to know

Sue
xx

Apache
12-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm so pleased to hear she is with Jay now, lots of healing vibes going her way.

Hopefully Jay will soon post details of where to send donations.

Dobbin - A rabbit had been posted for rehoming wiht a broken foot as the owner couldn't afford the vets bills, so the poor rabbit wasn't being given vet attention.

Jx

PS - Rabshan - thanks, both my horses are Arabs, Apache is the dapple grey, and Misty is the light grey - she's 25 now bless her and stil going strong!

Jaypot
12-08-2006, 10:58 PM
I've put some piccies of Truly on this link http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=28393
She IS Truly Scrumptious and suits her name :lol: :lol:
The vet will hopefully be out tomorrow and look at her foot - she will get x-rays next week :D
She's soooo pretty :oops: :oops:
Thank you Apache - she is going to bring a lot of love and mischief into our lives :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll mail Tam and ask her if she would give out the address for any donations - as you can understand, I can't put it on a forum as I would be inundated with sheep, goats, horses, pigs, birds ................. :wink:
Thank you all, Truly is going to be such a happy girl - I can feel it in my water :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lizzie
13-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaw, Jay :love: :love: :love: I'm all full up now!!!!!! You and John are just wonderful!!!!! :D I'm off to Tesco's soon, if you know what I mean!!!! :wink:

loopylop
13-08-2006, 09:35 AM
This thread has ended wonderfully - and just shows that when people work together on RU, working towards rabbit welfare and doing something about it is possible :thumb:

Well done to all of you involved - jay and John you guys are amazing :D :thumb:

sparklefairy
13-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm so glad this little bun has found a lovely home now :D

raine
13-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Well done Apache and Jay for helping this lovely rabbit. The question is what would have happened to it if Apache hadn't read the advert.