• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Huge compressed bales of hay

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Have just got a huge bale of hay from Bunny Basics, and am really struggling with getting the hay out of it!! :oops: I feel a bit of an idiot really - the husband is away for the weekend and I'm a right old weakling (have bad back and also weak wrists from RSI!), so I wondered if anyone has any tips on how they break them up?? Thanks!! :)

I'd just pop Clover and Dusty on top of it. Give them five minutes and the whole thing will be a shredded mess I'm sure :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I haven't got any sensible suggestions though :?

:lol:

Am seriously tempted!!! It's a bloomin' nightmare - think I'd be better off paying more for the smaller loose bags!!! :shock:

Success!! I stalked off to the shed with 2 very scary knives and a 'this is not going to beat me' determination, and managed to make an impact. 2 very happy bunnies later, I think I'm sorted!! :D

Yep - 2nd cut timothy. Dusty has decided she will only eat posh hay now. On the one hand it's a bit of a shame, as the piggies are Oxbow snobs, but on the other it's great as she is eating so much more hay now. She wouldn't touch it before, but was getting too many pellets. Think I've got the balance right at last! :)

Back