• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey biting toe off

holder

Alpha Buck
I bet there is no one on here at this time of night but its worth a try, Honey has had a problem with her toe which i posted last week & every thing turned out o.k once her nail was removed but tonight she is pulling her hair out from around the toe & is now biting the toe, she is making a mess of it, i have just got back in from my mum has i had to get some tape to wrap around the bandage to stop her from biting it but she is riping the tape off. I have give her some pain killer on her treat has she is not eating to well now, she has ate it so i'm hoping it won't be long before the pain killer starts to work.
If any one is on here do you know if there is any thing else i can do has she is getting the bandage off, has the tape is not strong enough to stay on plus she is starting to bite at her other leg now.
Why does things always go wrong late at night when the vets are closed. :(

Could you make her a cone shaped collar with some cardboard so she can't reach round to chew it?

I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling so great.

Thank you kitschkitty i will try that now has she is still going at the bandage, i have put lots of tape on but its still not stopping her.

Well i managed to make a coller but she went barmy, i had to take it of her.
i have managed to keep the bandage on her & she is now resting & has been for the last 40 mins, it is now 3am so i am now going to bed for the next couple of hours then i will take her to the vets has soon has they open.
Thank you again Kitschkitty it was nice to have some one there at that time of night to talk to.
By the way i love your web site i'll be looking again at it again this after noon. :D

Thank you Marlene i got in the vets at 9 o'clock this morning, Honey managed to keep the bandage on only after a lot of tape!!
The vet had a good look & put some gel on the toe has she has an infection in the toe now, it is taped up plus the vet gave me the gel & the tape in case Honey gets the bandage of again.
I have to take her back on Monday to see the vet who always sees her so i will know better on Monday plus i've got to carry on with the pain killer, since we got back she has been hidding in her cardboard box i made her, i think she feels save in there has it is dark & she thinks no one can get in to take her to the vets!!!

Back