• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wounds... Updated - Bonding fight - now seperated

Apache

Mama Doe
I've been working from home today, so I checked the rabbits at about 3:30, and then again at 5pm, before I went to the stables, and noticed Alfred had developed a wound on the very top of his head between his ears.

it's about the size of a 20p peice, and looks more like a "skinned" sort of wound if you know what I mean, the area is completey bald, and rather red looking, but no blood.

He's not been with Emily for very long (10 days now), so I am worried she's pulled a great clump of his hair off.

Emily does seem to be bossing him around a bit at the moment, but until now there hasn't been any agression between them.

I dabbed the area with a small amount of sudacrem, which Emily immediately licked off.

Any advice please? I always panic when it is my own animals...

Jx

ok - I took Alfred out of the run a while ago and had a good look in the kitchen at the wound, it definately looks like Emilty has grabbed a great clump of him.

There is no signs of heamatoma, or any other marks, so he can't have banged his head.

I've taken the decision to seperate them. :(

I'll have a word with the rescue tomorrow and take it from there :(

Jx

No it was the middle of June when he had his vaccs.

He spent last night in the lounge (first time!), I stayed down their with him, and he is much happier, he's lying down in a full binky stretch at the mo, which I've not seen him do since Emily arrived.

I've left a message at the rescue, and am waiting for a phonecall bcak, but I think Emily is going to have to go back - I'm really gutted about this as she is a lovely rabbit, very friendly and easy to handle, but she isn't the right one for Alfred :cry:

Jx

I had a chat with the rescue, and then took Emily back, not a good day :cry: I took her favourite toys with her and a new willow ball which she loves.

She is a lovely rabbit - so I do hope they find a new home for her soon.

They where v good at the rescue, and said that I had done the right thing by taking her back, that way they can try her with another rabbit, and hopefully I can find Alfred a friend that he gets on with better. They also said they would rather I had taken her back than set up a seperate hutch/run for her, as really they do need company.

Alfred is going on back on Thurs for an attempt to bond him with another bun.

Fingers crossed this will work out - I feel so drained after this!

Jx

I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out :( Really hope Alfred finds the perfect girlfriend when he goes back :)

Back