• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen Rabbit in Hucknall area...

dogwalker

New Kit
Hi very sad news this morning...

MISSING/STOLEN
LEO
A LIONHEAD RABBIT
TAKEN FROM HIS CAGE ON 10/08/2006
AT AROUND MIDNIGHT
HE IS BLACK, GREY AND BROWN WITH A SMALL WHITE MARK ON HIS NOSE
THE POLICE HAVE BEEN INFORMED
PLEASE RETURN
HE IS VERY MUCH MISSED.

Hi its dogwalker...not been on a while..and now this.
If anyone is offered a rabbit please check that its not my baby..
this is in the HUCKNALL area.
He was a present to my daughter last year for her birthday...he isn't a year old yet!
I hope I havent put this in the wrong place...not sure where to put the posting..

i can make a post about this on my forum, not many people go on it but i will tell them to contact you, i'm so sorry

stolen bunny

Hi dogwalker :) I know how sad you feel as i had one of my babies stolen from my bunny shed about 2 months ago :( :( he is a lilac fawn neautered 5 yr.old gorgeous little boy with one front leg shorter than the other (the reason he was given to me) so he didn't hop very well :( please if anyone has seen/taken in a bunny of this discription would you contac me as i am desperate for news of him :( the police are investigating BUt i don't think i will ever see him again :( I hope you have better luck with your baby :)

Why do people take people's pets when they can aquire 'free to good home' rabbits? Presumable since they don't take a hutch they must have some sort of accommodation? Maybe I'm being simple here but WHY??

kayjay said:
Why do people take people's pets when they can aquire 'free to good home' rabbits? Presumable since they don't take a hutch they must have some sort of accommodation? Maybe I'm being simple here but WHY??
Cause some people in this world are :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm so sorry your baby is missing :(

I hope both yours and rabshan's bunnies come back to you safe :cry:

How awful, we are thinking of you xxxxx

How awful, really awful to hear this, both of you....

I know its unlikely, but have you checked freeads sites etc, called local rescues to ask them to keep an eye out- they may have contacts outside of the rescue, ie) Dogwalker - the rescue I foster for in Nottingham knows some local breeders, perhaps they might be able to keep an eye out too?? :?

Hope your babies come back to you :(

That is terrible. I feel for you. We are in Aspley (notts) and I worry so much about this happening that we have six padlocks on the cages!!
You could try phoning Bramcote rescue as they have lost/stolen section on their website. http://www.bramcote-rescue.co.uk/

This is the Kirby number that Mandy was on about - Kirkby Pet Welfare 01623 753883 Check local petshops for adverts and the evening post/admag for sales.

I hope you find your bun.

Animalfarm.png

stolen bun

Thanks guys :) I am glad that i have been able to tell you about Henry :( I still find it hard to believe he has gone :( :evil: one of my friends has had 3 of her bunnies taken as well but hers were out in runs in her garden :( Henry was taken from my shed (it was bolted shut) between 4 & about 9.30 one evening :shock: my garden backs onto a field so is quite easy to get into although i have a security light :shock: :( I have now had a shed alarm installed :)

This brings back memories of a few years back. When i first had rabbits i befriended a teenage girl who liked to visit them. Cutting a long story short she stole three of them and tried to sell them to a pet shop, she wanted money to buy drugs with. :shock: The pet shop wouldnt take them as they were adults and she ended up just giving them to a boy she knew. This was reported to the police but in the mean time i had a bit of luck in that this boy that had them was telling his friend about it and this boy knew my sons, so in the end i got them back. Makes you feel like theres no one you can trust i do hope you get yours back. val

stolen rabbits

I have had my friend round today :) she is the one who had 3 bunnies stolen from runs in her garden :shock: :( she is distraught as the police have told her that they believe that whoever took them may have EATEN them :shock: :evil: :evil: I have tried to reassure her that I don't think that this is what happened & its probably someone wanting a free pet ( I so hope so) her bunnies are NZW :( she said she will NOT have anymore as she will not risk this happeneding again & who can blame her :( so yet another GOOD loving owner has been driven to giving up keeping rabbits b/c of EVIL thugs :evil: :twisted: I miss my Henry so much BUT I don't think I will ever see him again :( just hope whoever has him will care for him & love him as much as I do :(

Fantastic news..! Got my baby Leo back! Hurray!

Fantastic news..! Got my baby Leo back! Hurray! :D

Looked in the Evening Post (which I bought yesterday..didn't get around to reading it till this morning at 7!!)....and there he was..
Rang the number (had to wait until nine..it was agony..!) and they bought him home about 4.45
So glad to have him back..all sorts of horrible thoughts were going through my head..
Taking him to the vets tomorrow to have his nails clipped..I really must get the run that I had planned to make built.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and advise...
THANKYOU!!

Really really good news. Do you know if he was taken or just got out his hutch? I bet you're relieved he's safe :D :D

Back