• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit next door

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
I have been really concerned about the rabbit next door for a long time now.

He has a fairly big hutch, but spends all of his life in it with no toys. He just sits and stares into space.

When he gets let out in the garden the owner or child do not give him a stroke or anything.

Last week i noticed on a very hot day that he had no water. I jumped over the fence and started speaking to him, he did little bunny hops around his hutch, i gave him a nose rub an checked him over.

The poor little thing's nails are too long, not overgrown yet, but need to be cut.

He had one eye that was weeping and all over his hutch was slime from slugs crawling all over it. He was loving the attention and i just wanted to take him.

I put a note through their door explaining that he had no water and i replaced it, that his nails are over growing and he has a weeping eye that needs to be checked out. I also said that i thought he was such a lovely bunny!

i feel so sorry for him, he has spent at least 5 years on his own, he doesn't even get covered up in the winter.

What can i do??

Reading that has made me really sad!

I don't know how you have the patients - if I were you I'd just steal him.

Ok - not very practical advice. Maybe speak to the neighbours face to face and say you'd like to look after him (if you can or will?) or maybe just give them some advice?

Oh how horrible!! Poor bun :cry: Maybe you should talk to the owners about what the rabbit needs and it's not just there to look at and be pretty.
Hopefully they'll let you have him :D

thanks guys,

its actually my mums next door neighbour, but every time i go over i chek on him.

I have wanted to take him (i know its wrong) but i am scared they will replace him with another bun.

I may get mum to speak to her, poor little thing :cry:

aawww poor bunny... i often wonder why people get a rabbit when they treat it like that :( Hope you can convince her that he would be better off elsewhere

It's totally illogical isn't it. What's the point of getting pet then shutting it away and ignoring it?
I hope those people take your advice about the buns nails and eye though. Poor mite.

Oh no. Poor little fella. I know exactly how you feel hun, it's so hard to know what to do and the bloody rspca arn't much help!

Poor wee mite. It is hard to know what to do although I know you feel like snatching him to give him the quality of life he deserves

Back