• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who's going to be dominant - Egg or Tuesday? bonding pics

woodstock

Mama Doe
Well, Egg is over at Tracy's today for some supervised bonding with Tuesday, before hopefully both of them come home this evening.

Here are some pics - are there any behaviourists out there who can tell me which bun is going to be the dominant one? (it's difficult to tell - for me anyway!): (Egg(F) is the small one, and Tuesday(M) is the big one :) )

212408525_4449c20116_m.jpg

212408527_76c9685741_m.jpg

212408528_06f15b57b6_m.jpg

212408529_228ce60243_m.jpg

212408530_04c9c8206a_m.jpg

212408532_1fdc3798d1_m.jpg

212410799_3349caa703_m.jpg

212410800_b6311603e1_m.jpg

212410801_d9820360f6_m.jpg

Those pictures don't particularly show many clues but I would say the bun of the right in this one:

212410799_3349caa703_m.jpg

It looks like in this picture and the one above he/she is demanding grooming from the other by sticking it's head under the others body.

But that could just be the camera angle.

They might not have working it out yet themselves :)

Tam

Aww looks like it's going well! :D I think I'd say Tuesday is going to be the dominant one. :thumb:

he heee :) it's actually quite difficult to tell them apart isn't it? :)

Egg is on the right in all photos, except for the one you picked out Tamsin :)

Egg was submissive to her sister, and I swear she finds licking therapeutic! she cen get into a sort of trance when she's licking me or alex....
So I wouldn't be surprised if she went licking crazy with Tuesday (lucky boy!)

Update!

Well, I picked the buns up from tracy's yesterday, and apparently Egg had been preening Tuesday like a goodun. No mounting, no fighting.
So, in the box they went, and back home.

Tuesday was really not happy about coming out of the travel box, but eventually came out. Egg was already bouncing around checking out the new digs.
Everything was going fine - they sat down next to each other at the back of the hutch after a nibble...

phew!

but then.... things kicked off. Egg was sat at the back having a snooze, and Tuesday obviously decided he wanted to be sat there - and barged Egg out of the way. Unfortunately she didn't take too kindly to this, and started chasing and nipping him.
He went skitso, and ran around until he sought refuge in the litter tray... which is where he has stayed since last night. If she comes near him, he starts banging his foot. He has ventured out and Egg just watches him - then approaches and they sit nose to nose for a while, and she then trys to mount him.

Looks like Egg isn't going to be pushed around then!
He hasn't looked like backing down and licking her yet - but they are calmer this morning - he's even ventured up to the shelf whilst she's been sat there.

Ho hum! :) not quite love at first site it seems

(oh - and having rabbit cam via laptop webcams is great!)

hmmm.. i think i can see what the problem is...

Egg will go over and preen Tuesday for ages, then put her head down to have some of the favour returned, but he won't lick her.

Tuesday has always been a single bun, but Egg has lived with another bun all her life... and she's used to getting a token gesture of licking back...

Is there anyway to encourage him to lick her? any cheats?

woodstock said:

I've heard before that some people put some crushed banana on the buns head to encourage grooming... try doing that on Egg's head and hopefully Tuesday will lick it off :D

xEMMAx said:
woodstock said:

I've heard before that some people put some crushed banana on the buns head to encourage grooming... try doing that on Egg's head and hopefully Tuesday will lick it off :D

Ohhhh... sneaky!
Right i'm off to buy some banana :)

213231985_5b20b5dc03.jpg

well, the banana trick almost worked - but he needed some external help! :lol:

He did start licking her though... short lived tho, because as soon as i let him down, he'd just be straight under her head trying to get more licking :roll:

They spent the night bickering again - with Egg taking control of the shelf, and Tuesday hiding out in the litter tray again...

How long do people leave these sorts of 'mexican standoffs'? or indefinitely?

Awww :lol: Well at least it sort of worked!
I've never had this problem before, hopefully someone else can help :D

Well, a bit of a break through today:
214056048_d910c070f1_m.jpg

I think he's just been a scared bun - plus I don't think he's so well educated in the ways to woo a bunny lady friend (when they've been sat together, and Egg stops licking him, i've seen him bang his feet and shove his head under hers for more licking! - what a casanova (needless to say, Egg is having none of it!))

Looks like he's getting more confidence, and also learning how to treat Egg - all step by step (she'll still nip him and chase him back to the poo pot if he misbehaves!)

fingers crossed... it's all just 'getting to know you' issues

aawww great photos.. looks like it is going well! :D :D :D Im sure he'll get the hang of it soon. My little Fifi enjoyed being groomed by my other two but i still havent seen her lick either of them back.. to begin with they would also chase/nip her if she didnt lick them but they seem to have made an agreement now that she just doesnt lick back.. maybe one day she will! :D :lol:

Back