• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argos storage cubes discontinued?? U/D found on sale £7.99

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I read on here that these have possibly been discontinued??

Does anyone know how I could find out for sure please? I would think if I ring the customer care line they will need an item number or description and can't remember exactly what they were called.

Thanks x

edited to ad: if they have been discontinued does anyone know where I could get something similar please??

I bought some of the cubes a few weeks ago. I'm not sure of the code number, but they were definately called 'Utility Storage Cubes'.

It'd be great if we could find them again - I bought two boxes with a view to going back for more (they're v heavy!)

Good news!

I just managed to find an old link so found the item number, rang the customer care line and there are 2 left in my local store for ....£7.99 a pack!!

If anyone else is interested, the item number is: 8759384
Call 0870 600 3030 to ask about stores in your area - you can reserve for pick up!

Gah!! Just went through the whole reservation process to be told it's 'just sold out' :evil: Which one of you bought the last one? :lol:

Apache, I bought the last 2 packs at my local store, I made a 6 x 6 run with plenty left over, the only problem is you can't make it too big cos the top starts to sink :shock: :)

Beany said:
Gah!! Just went through the whole reservation process to be told it's 'just sold out' :evil: Which one of you bought the last one? :lol:

I've got a box if you need them Kelly. I bought them to show people how to make big guinea pig cages. (I bought two so I would still have the one I need for that - if I ever have time to build one of course :roll: ) I could let you have some piggies to go in them too :D

I would think they are too low for rabbit runs :? Unless you use double height of course.

animusuk said:
Apache, I bought the last 2 packs at my local store, I made a 6 x 6 run with plenty left over, the only problem is you can't make it too big cos the top starts to sink :shock: :)

Thanks I've just reserved 2 packs - will toddle off and get them :D

Jx

if you look in the clearance brochure in you argos store they are in there, just depends if they have any left. They do have them in the shop "In store" that used to be pound stretcher but they are £15 and doesn't look like you get as many

mandy said:
Good news!

I just managed to find an old link so found the item number, rang the customer care line and there are 2 left in my local store for ....£7.99 a pack!!

If anyone else is interested, the item number is: 8759384
Call 0870 600 3030 to ask about stores in your area - you can reserve for pick up!

Thank you!! :D Just ordered 2 packs :D :D None left at local store, checked the nearest Argos Extra and they have them :mrgreen:

doorkeeper said:
I've got a box if you need them Kelly. I bought them to show people how to make big guinea pig cages. (I bought two so I would still have the one I need for that - if I ever have time to build one of course :roll: ) I could let you have some piggies to go in them too :D

Lalalalalaaaaaaa, can't hear you!!! Naughty Louise! I really only wanted them to use as bunny barriers so I can make my living room look a bit nicer, rather than the varying pieces of wood etc I have at the moment to block the buns from behnid the TV :roll: I might take you up on the offer though, thanks! :thumb:

Beany said:
rather than the varying pieces of wood etc I have at the moment to block the buns from behnid the TV :roll:

That's what I'm using mine for at the moment! :thumb:

Buying 2 more boxes so I can make a good size run for the garden :D :D

Well I've just been and picked mine up, so there are some available in various stores..

Just bought 50 cable ties too, Emily will not be able to dig my garden lawn up through this :D

Jx

yay yay yay yay just reserved 2 from near me

and i even have a £20 gift voucher from christmas that ive not spent yet

Apache said:
Well I've just been and picked mine up, so there are some available in various stores..

Just bought 50 cable ties too, Emily will not be able to dig my garden lawn up through this :D

Jx

Are you going to use them as the floor to your run? I considered this but thought they would be too thick and hard for bunnies to walk on. What do you think?

p.s. did you reserve yours online or had to phone the number? I entered the cat no. online and it didn't recognise it.

ShivyRex said:
Apache said:

Jx

Are you going to use them as the floor to your run? I considered this but thought they would be too thick and hard for bunnies to walk on. What do you think?

p.s. did you reserve yours online or had to phone the number? I entered the cat no. online and it didn't recognise it.

I had to ring up. I'd bookmarked the internet page but it wasn't working, so I assume they've removed it :(

Hiya

You can't reserve them online, as it comes up with product not found, but you can by phone, I'd suggest having lots of local store codes in front of you, and trying them until you get lucky.

I've had a look of them and think they'd be ok for the greass run, I've got a 7 sided run already, and was sort of planning to make a shape to go underneath so the edges of the run are protected, as that is where Emily likes to dig, and leave the middle bit free (well until she starts to try and dig there!)

Jx

Back