PDA

View Full Version : Argos storage cubes discontinued?? U/D found on sale £7.99

Azraelm
11-08-2006, 09:52 AM
I read on here that these have possibly been discontinued??

Does anyone know how I could find out for sure please? I would think if I ring the customer care line they will need an item number or description and can't remember exactly what they were called.

Thanks x

edited to ad: if they have been discontinued does anyone know where I could get something similar please??

LizJ
11-08-2006, 10:04 AM
I bought some of the cubes a few weeks ago. I'm not sure of the code number, but they were definately called 'Utility Storage Cubes'.

It'd be great if we could find them again - I bought two boxes with a view to going back for more (they're v heavy!)

animus
11-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Found them, it's called 'Utility Storage System' and is cat no. 875/9384 :D

Azraelm
11-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Good news!

I just managed to find an old link so found the item number, rang the customer care line and there are 2 left in my local store for ....£7.99 a pack!!

If anyone else is interested, the item number is: 8759384
Call 0870 600 3030 to ask about stores in your area - you can reserve for pick up!

Azraelm
11-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Found them, it's called 'Utility Storage System' and is cat no. 875/9384 :D

thank you, think I posted at the same time then!

Sue&Sooty
11-08-2006, 10:12 AM
The Argos one's cat number is 875/9384

Beany
11-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Gah!! Just went through the whole reservation process to be told it's 'just sold out' :evil: Which one of you bought the last one? :lol:

Apache
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
How many packs do you need to make a decent size run?

Jx

animus
11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Apache, I bought the last 2 packs at my local store, I made a 6 x 6 run with plenty left over, the only problem is you can't make it too big cos the top starts to sink :shock: :)

doorkeeper
11-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Gah!! Just went through the whole reservation process to be told it's 'just sold out' :evil: Which one of you bought the last one? :lol:

I've got a box if you need them Kelly. I bought them to show people how to make big guinea pig cages. (I bought two so I would still have the one I need for that - if I ever have time to build one of course :roll: ) I could let you have some piggies to go in them too :D

I would think they are too low for rabbit runs :? Unless you use double height of course.

Apache
11-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Apache, I bought the last 2 packs at my local store, I made a 6 x 6 run with plenty left over, the only problem is you can't make it too big cos the top starts to sink :shock: :)

Thanks I've just reserved 2 packs - will toddle off and get them :D

Jx

bunny mad lisa
11-08-2006, 12:28 PM
if you look in the clearance brochure in you argos store they are in there, just depends if they have any left. They do have them in the shop "In store" that used to be pound stretcher but they are £15 and doesn't look like you get as many

xEMMAx
11-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Good news!

I just managed to find an old link so found the item number, rang the customer care line and there are 2 left in my local store for ....£7.99 a pack!!

If anyone else is interested, the item number is: 8759384
Call 0870 600 3030 to ask about stores in your area - you can reserve for pick up!

Thank you!! :D Just ordered 2 packs :D :D None left at local store, checked the nearest Argos Extra and they have them :mrgreen:

Beany
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I've got a box if you need them Kelly. I bought them to show people how to make big guinea pig cages. (I bought two so I would still have the one I need for that - if I ever have time to build one of course :roll: ) I could let you have some piggies to go in them too :D

Lalalalalaaaaaaa, can't hear you!!! Naughty Louise! I really only wanted them to use as bunny barriers so I can make my living room look a bit nicer, rather than the varying pieces of wood etc I have at the moment to block the buns from behnid the TV :roll: I might take you up on the offer though, thanks! :thumb:

xEMMAx
11-08-2006, 02:04 PM
rather than the varying pieces of wood etc I have at the moment to block the buns from behnid the TV :roll:

That's what I'm using mine for at the moment! :thumb:

Buying 2 more boxes so I can make a good size run for the garden :D :D

Apache
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Well I've just been and picked mine up, so there are some available in various stores..

Just bought 50 cable ties too, Emily will not be able to dig my garden lawn up through this :D

Jx

Jayney
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
yay yay yay yay just reserved 2 from near me

and i even have a £20 gift voucher from christmas that ive not spent yet

ShivyRex
11-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Well I've just been and picked mine up, so there are some available in various stores..

Just bought 50 cable ties too, Emily will not be able to dig my garden lawn up through this :D

Jx

Are you going to use them as the floor to your run? I considered this but thought they would be too thick and hard for bunnies to walk on. What do you think?

p.s. did you reserve yours online or had to phone the number? I entered the cat no. online and it didn't recognise it.

xEMMAx
11-08-2006, 04:04 PM

Jx

Are you going to use them as the floor to your run? I considered this but thought they would be too thick and hard for bunnies to walk on. What do you think?

p.s. did you reserve yours online or had to phone the number? I entered the cat no. online and it didn't recognise it.

I had to ring up. I'd bookmarked the internet page but it wasn't working, so I assume they've removed it :(

Apache
11-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Hiya

You can't reserve them online, as it comes up with product not found, but you can by phone, I'd suggest having lots of local store codes in front of you, and trying them until you get lucky.

I've had a look of them and think they'd be ok for the greass run, I've got a 7 sided run already, and was sort of planning to make a shape to go underneath so the edges of the run are protected, as that is where Emily likes to dig, and leave the middle bit free (well until she starts to try and dig there!)

Jx

kitschkitty
11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
rather than the varying pieces of wood etc I have at the moment to block the buns from behnid the TV :roll:

That's what I'm using mine for at the moment! :thumb:

:D

That's what I bought mine for - I used to have huge bits of cardboard everywhere! I think they look really nice too so I'm happy. :D

Sue&Sooty
12-08-2006, 08:00 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I must be the ONLY person who uses these things how they intended :lol: :lol:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/Sue_Jot/RIMG0858.jpg

Mind you they did make good cages for the kids too :twisted: :lol:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/Sue_Jot/RIMG0820.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/Sue_Jot/RIMG0818.jpg

Apache
12-08-2006, 09:31 AM
LOL Sue :D

johannapage
16-08-2006, 01:53 PM
hi guys,

bringing this post back again,

a lot of the bristol stores have the cubes left, just got two sets, does any body want some??

I can deliver in the reading areaish next week or can arange to post if peeps can pay delivery

Just trying to be helpful!!!

LonBun
16-08-2006, 05:17 PM
All the time they had them I didnt think to search on "Utility Storage Cube". They have gone ex cataglogue, so at this price I would get them while you can. I am goingto start with a temporary run whilst Loopys' run gets re varnished.

Adam

chloaster
18-08-2006, 02:27 PM
I managed to reserve 2packs on line. I just put the code in and although they are out of stock in my local store the extra down the road has some.