• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm a bit worried because I always let Fudge out for the first run around in the morning and he's always at the hutch wire waiting for me! This morning however he was hiding in his run peeping through the hole in the hutch refusing to come near me. I opened the run up to get him and got him out with a struggle.

I checked his bottom which will need a bit of a clean but wasn't too bad what else should I look for? He's really not himself this morning :(

ps. He's also putting on weight and drinking more than the other rabbits

To be honest I'd take him to your Vet for a check up.
Better to err on the side of caution as a Bun who is obviously 'not right' is in need of Veterinary attention.
If he has a mucky bum that could be a sign of a GI problem, a dental problem or a sore back. Your Vet will advise and treat accordingly.

Janex

Ok I'll do that, I have to take Splodge for his VHD so I'll sneak Fudge in too :wink: I think the bad bum is because I was away for the weekend and my parents overfed them all :( but he's gone back to his hutch already and hardly touched his food :(

thanks, I'll be keeping a good eye on him today. I'm just hoping he doesn't have the same problem as his brother Treacle had. Although he's definately not loosing weight :shock:

well he came out today on his own, maybe it's just me he's avoiding, he won't go near me for some reason :(

Maybe he's mad with you for going away :? He might be alright soon when he has forgiven you :D

Hope he is ok though - they are such a worry xxx

Is he eating and pooping ok? Is he sitting hunched over or in an unusual position for him, or tooth grinding? If any of these aren't as normal I would say he needs to see the vet today. He could be in pain and the only way he can show it is by 'behaving differently', which in itself indicates that he could be in fairly bad pain. If he stops eating or pooping then he needs to go to the vet straight away.

As he's come out on his own this morning, fingers crossed he is feeling better, but please keep a very close eye on him.

I've been out in the garden with him today. Although he was quite reluctant to come out he eventually did(Ran from the run to the hutch to his sleeping box trying to avoid me :shock: )! He tried to get away from me in the garden too, kept running away everytime I went over :? Eventually the temptation to come and inspect me cleaning his hutch out was too great and he came over and had some nose rubs! :D

He's eating and pooping fine but has obviously got a bee in his bonnet about something, can't be too much though or else I'd have lost an arm or ankle :shock:

Back